Accept Button: Solution To Decrease Seller Cancellation Rates

inspirewriter

Hi, so, we’ve all come to understand and fully comprehend the new Fiverr’s level system.

For some people, its a thing of joy as they now know the criteria required to attain the Top Rated Seller status, however, for others, it’s an unprecedented development that shouldn’t have been released considering the strict penalties sellers face when they cancel orders as per the “Order Completion Rate.”

I’m a cancelation freelancer. I do not take bullsh-t or do things that are against my will just because the buyer is trying to play smart or offer low prices because they think I wouldn’t complain.

No! The cancellation button is there for a reason, and it has to be used.

In light of this, I would suggest that fiverr creates a new option that allows for sellers to ACCEPT an order before the order is placed and starts counting down

It’s time Fiverr looked into the various issues that come with canceling orders such as, “Awaiting requirements, chargebacks, silly requests, ordering what wasn’t advertised” etc. Most of these are not the fault of sellers.

With the accept button now in place, the typical buyer would surf through gigs and order from any seller they wish. The order will not officially begin until the seller approves of the requirements and clicks ACCEPT.

If the seller feels inconvenient by an order placed without his notification, he can either seek to negotiate with the buyer or outrightly cancel the order.

Canceling this way would have no effect on the seller as no orders were initially placed.

I hope Fiverr takes this into consideration. I love Fiverr, and I want to see this platform grow and become a community where the opinions of buyers and sellers are taken into consideration and treated with all fairness.

Thank you.

Rebecca.

Guest offlinehelpers

Here’s a poll you might like:
favicon.ico default-apple-touch-icon.png

All the complaints regarding all the sellers relating to order completion rate can be solved only with this one thing. Fiverr can add a option for seller whether to accept or reject the purchase of gig by any buyer . When the seller accept it then...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 29 ❤

Hi, so, we’ve all come to understand and fully comprehend the new Fiverr’s level system.

For some people, its a thing of joy as they now know the criteria required to attain the Top Rated Seller status, however, for others, it’s an unprecedented development that shouldn’t have been released considering the strict penalties sellers face when they cancel orders as per the “Order Completion Rate.”

I’m a cancelation freelancer. I do not take bullsh-t or do things that are against my will just because the buyer is trying to play smart or offer low prices because they think I wouldn’t complain.

In light of this, I would suggest that fiverr creates a new option that allows for sellers to ACCEPT an order before the order is placed and starts counting down

It’s time Fiverr looked into the various issues that come with canceling orders such as, “Awaiting requirements, chargebacks, silly requests, ordering what wasn’t advertised” etc. Most of these are not the fault of sellers.

With the accept button now in place, the typical buyer would surf through gigs and order from any seller they wish. The order will not officially begin until the seller approves of the requirements and clicks ACCEPT.

If the seller feels inconvenient by an order placed without his notification, he can either seek to negotiate with the buyer or outrightly cancel the order.

Canceling this way would have no effect on the seller as no orders were initially placed.

I hope Fiverr takes this into consideration. I love Fiverr, and I want to see this platform grow and become a community where the opinions of buyers and sellers are taken into consideration and treated with all fairness.

Thank you.

Rebecca.

I’ve said it before, and it bears saying again… no. Not a good idea.

It will put off buyers, lower buyer confidence (because they’ll come to realize that they can’t place orders, unless a buyer feels like, maybe, taking on the project), and lead to a whole slew of problems. Buyers don’t need seller permission to place an order. Yes, there are a few buyers here and there that are either confused, or try to game the system, however, in the grand scheme of things, those buyers are the minority. Fiverr is going to gear their actions toward dealing with the majority, because the majority is where they make money.

And I’m pretty sure Fiverr sees the permission-based buying scheme as being just as bad for buyer confidence as I (and many others) do. Buyer confidence leads to Fiverr profits. Fiverr is going to go where the profits are – and the profits do not exist with any kind of system that lets a seller decide whether they want to accept or deny an order.

I’ll be blunt – you (and others) can demand the acceptance thing all you want… it’s not going to happen.

Thank you.

Rebecca.

I do not take bullsh-t or do things that are against my will just because the buyer is trying to play smart or offer low prices because they think I wouldn’t complain.

I would imagine that almost all top sellers have his issue. I certainly do, it’s an inevitable problem for a high level operator. If the solution is not an ‘accept’ button then the problem could be resolved by either lowering the threshold or excluding the ‘incomplete’ metric completely. As metrics go, it has very little value.

Archived