Fiver & Full Time Job...Anyone?

alizsmith

Strange how? What do you to grow your business during quiet times? Thanks!

As a new seller with a few sales, I’ve been very optimistic about sales. I’m learning that there’ll be busy days and there’ll be idle ones. Right now, I just learn new things to make my gigs better and add more value to buyers.

I’ve been on Fiverr since 2010 as I was wrapping up college. It started taking off a few years ago and I was making almost enough to quit my day job. Then it got to a point where I could quit my job, but I wasn’t comfortable. I am glad I stuck with my gut feeling because I’ve noticed with Fiverr that it’s somewhat normal to fluctuate in sales. Of course, depending on your financial obligations and goals, everyone will have a slightly different line where they can decide they are okay to go full time freelancer. Personally, I decided to just keep doing both as long as I can handle both. Also, I’d like to be sure that freelance is consistent for more than just a year before making any quick decisions. At the same time though, if you really love your work as a freelancer, it might be worth putting all your energy and time towards it to really see what you can accomplish. I love working for myself because it gives you a satisfaction that is hard to get from a full time job, unless that job is great. I really like my full time job, but I also like being a freelance Sound Engineer.

Archived