Seems like the Fiverr is Not Bothered to Fix the Search Engine Algorithm even after so many Months!

Yes , It’s been Messed up for last Few Months…They are trying to fix it in Parts But still the Search engine is not Fully Correct…And there is Huge Mess ( Been there since the inception of fiverr But never seen the search engine like this , it’s Totally Broken ) There is no Proper System , Any Random Gig is there in " AVG Customer Review " , Don’t where are those Gigs with 10k - 15k Feedbacks which used to be on Top of the First page of " AVG Customer Review " Tab , Now there are Gigs with 70 Odd Feedbacks placed in Top Rows of First Page of " AVG Customer Review " Tab . Don’t know when they will Implement Fully Functional & CORRECT Search Algorithm

Don’t know when they will Implement Fully Functional & CORRECT Search Algorithm

When you put it like that, it’s really a case of damned if they do, damned if they don’t. If they do nothing the algorithm is screwed; if they experiment, everyone is immediately on their case for changing things. You can’t really blame them, but you also can’t blame sellers for wanting to protect their livelihood (for those who do work on Fiverr full time, at least).

Not really agreeing/disagreeing with you, just making some observations.

(Also, doesn’t typing with each word’s first letter capitalized get tiring? 😛 )

I submit there there appears to have been a major algorithm/listings change on August 1.

In my category everything is random as far as I can tell. Gigs that have few reviews and less than 5 stars are first in average customer reviews and recommended. At least last night it was that way. Do you think it is deliberately this way?

The categories I’m in have listing that are kind of odd, but from what I can see most of them are sorted up to a point. The display I see as a seller or while logged out and with cache cleared don’t look random anymore. There was a time a few months ago where it did for a few days, but that seems to have been partially fixed. I don’t know about your category so I’m not going to guess.

I’ve also been buying (or looking to buy) gigs lately and those have been in virtual assistance, graphics and copywriting. Those haven’t looked random except for the featured tag. I was far more able to locate some possible matches this week than I was back when they were doing open testing. Of course, I assume they are still working on it since it’s sure not precise.

When you put it like that, it’s really a case of damned if they do, damned if they don’t. If they do nothing the algorithm is screwed; if they experiment, everyone is immediately on their case for changing things. You can’t really blame them, but you also can’t blame sellers for wanting to protect their livelihood (for those who do work on Fiverr full time, at least).

doesn’t typing with each word’s first letter capitalized get tiring? 😛

😃 Thanks for making me laugh. I would have sore fingers if I did that, especially since I tend to type way more than I need to. I have a hard time reading sentences like that too, but that might just be me.

doesn’t typing with each word’s first letter capitalized get tiring? 😛

😃 Thanks for making me laugh. I would have sore fingers if I did that, especially since I tend to type way more than I need to. I have a hard time reading sentences like that too, but that might just be me.

Nah, it’s definitely not just you. For titles I barely notice it; but when it comes to normal text, it feels like you’re emphasizing each word equally. Which makes my head hurt when I try to read things in my mind 😅

I don’t want to get too OT, so here’s my attempt at making this relevant!

My mom heard I was working on Fiverr, so she searched me up by category because she didn’t know my username. Apparently for a while I was on the front page of either creative writing or short stories, which doesn’t make much sense as I wasn’t even Level One at that point.

No idea how they sort these things, but for someone who’s coming in as an outsider you’d think Fiverr would want to show them sellers with good ratings AND a lot of sales. Seems pretty weird, tbh.

The categories I’m in have listing that are kind of odd, but from what I can see most of them are sorted up to a point. The display I see as a seller or while logged out and with cache cleared don’t look random anymore. There was a time a few months ago where it did for a few days, but that seems to have been partially fixed. I don’t know about your category so I’m not going to guess.

I’ve also been buying (or looking to buy) gigs lately and those have been in virtual assistance, graphics and copywriting. Those haven’t looked random except for the featured tag. I was far more able to locate some possible matches this week than I was back when they were doing open testing. Of course, I assume they are still working on it since it’s sure not precise.

Here is one example of what I’m talking about. This is under Top Rated Seller in my category, the only place I can find my gigs. Notice that out of the first 8 gigs shown,

4 of them have less than 5 star reviews. It seems unfair to be showing these as “recommended” when there are many of us with gigs with more reviews which are all five star ones.

The first one shown has 10 reviews with a 4.2 star rating:

recommended.thumb.PNG.617e15e7d8cf008f29735c2d540eb065.PNG

Also 3 of the first 4 gigs are from the same person. So there must be some other criteria for being recommended than number of reviews or number of 5 star reviews.

When I search on money spell and look under average customer review, here is what comes up. The two on the top row with less than 5 stars stay there every time I look.
So I’m not sure what criteria they use but it really is not sorted by having the best
reviews show up first:

1088233189_avereview.thumb.PNG.3ba7200ef263e7e7b65fcded12c112af.PNG

Here is one example of what I’m talking about. This is under Top Rated Seller in my category, the only place I can find my gigs. Notice that out of the first 8 gigs shown,

4 of them have less than 5 star reviews. It seems unfair to be showing these as “recommended” when there are many of us with gigs with more reviews which are all five star ones.

The first one shown has 10 reviews with a 4.2 star rating:

Also 3 of the first 4 gigs are from the same person. So there must be some other criteria for being recommended than number of reviews or number of 5 star reviews.

that is because recommended is randomised. At the end of the month, the gigs change.

They already had the Correct Algorithm for more than 5 Years…what’s the Point of Nonsensical Experiments which can Ruin Best Selling Gigs which are working very hard for so long & they are all jeopardized because of their silly test

that is because recommended is randomised.

I didn’t know they changed at the end of the month. How did one seller get 3 places on the top row?

I have no idea. The odds of that must be really, really slim.

From what I can tell, they change it the last weekend of the month. They have done that for the past four months.

They already had the Correct Algorithm for more than 5 Years…what’s the Point of Nonsensical Experiments which can Ruin Best Selling Gigs which are working very hard for so long & they are all jeopardized because of their silly test

Quite a few high ranked sellers are experiencing this and the algorithm has messed it up big time. Hope things will get sorted soon.

Yep, something changed in Aug. My top gig isn’t on the first page anymore EXCEPT…when I change it to PRO. I don’t have a PRO license but for some reason when you search under PRO my gig is on the first page, 2nd line. If I’m not searching under PRO my gig is on page 3 or 4 depending on the time of day.

Yep, something changed in Aug. My top gig isn’t on the first page anymore EXCEPT…when I change it to PRO. I don’t have a PRO license but for some reason when you search under PRO my gig is on the first page, 2nd line. If I’m not searching under PRO my gig is on page 3 or 4 depending on the time of day.

I had some gigs on the first page that are now gone also. I can’t say that it matters since I wasn’t swamped with orders like having gigs on the first page would usually have caused.

If my gigs are saying Average Price it might not matter where they are.

I was Getting 15 Orders & 10-15 Messages from New Buyers Daily for the last 1 year… Now i made some changes to gig & Everything is Gone… I made Changes because i Read a Post / Comment By Fiverr Staff Member that you should try to Make Changes in your Gig from Time to time , Don’t know why i took that Seriously & made Changes !!! Everything is Gone Now… Me & My Team Put so Much Effort in the Gig & it’s all Gone , Everything Just Vanished due to my Silly Mistake of Making Little Changes in Gig !!

Try typing normally?

Add me to the list of gigs that tanked in August. Similar exp with regular orders/messages as OP, updated my gig, now I get no impressions after averaging 600 per day and constantly ranking in the top 10 gigs for articles/blog writing in the last 3 years.

What am I doing besides a desperate attempt to gain sales by offering free 24hr delivery? I’m looking at other platforms for the first time since I’ve started.

Fiverr must really not care about the long-term profitability of this platform.

Yes , They have Messed it Big Time…I was Earning Around 7.5k - 8k Per Month And 3 Days ago don’t know what happened to Me & I made some Changes to My Gig like title & Images… After that it’s been 3 Days & there is No New Message or Order !! And Customer Support is not Helping at all !! This is How they are Ruining everything for Sellers who are working so Hard & they don’t give a Damm about them !!!

I’m sorry to hear that. Something similar happened to me, although I haven’t made that amount of money here.

I learned this lesson some time ago: You can’t rely on anything to be on the top page. One day you are the best and the other you are gone. There is no justice or anything like that.

Let us know if sales go back to what it used to.

Archived