Dried Smoked Fish

fitrigwrites4u

It would also make a lovely pate, or terrine!

Terrine I could do, me and pate really don’t see eye to eye, though. I’m supposed to be veggie and even though I’ve let that slip this year, I still much prefer home made hummus or falafel. In fact, I adore falafel. The only problem is if I make it I can only make it for myself and eat it in private due to the gas. Either that or I have a mental timer which necessitates that I leave public areas 3-hours after consumption.

I would shred dried pieces as finely as possible

You would probably need a food processor to grind it to a fine powder.

Funnily enough, my food processor and wand broke today! I’m fuming. This year should have been my most profitable since starting freelancing but somehow I keep having the universe throw all kinds of unexpected expenses at me.

That said, I do have a habit of putting things which I shouldn’t in food processors. In fact, I’ve known that this one was on its last legs ever since I used it to grind ice to try and impress a girl with my home made daiquiri prowess. - Didn’t work and now I’m down a hundred bucks unless I can do my best poker face and try and return it as faulty.

Funnily enough, my food processor and wand broke today! I’m fuming. This year should have been my most profitable since starting freelancing but somehow I keep having the universe throw all kinds of unexpected expenses at me.

That said, I do have a habit of putting things which I shouldn’t in food processors. In fact, I’ve known that this one was on its last legs ever since I used it to grind ice to try and impress a girl with my home made daiquiri prowess. - Didn’t work and now I’m down a hundred bucks unless I can do my best poker face and try and return it as faulty.

I was cutting a carrot in mine and the blade snapped off and flew at my head. It just missed my face.

it literally felt like chewing on the bottom of a shoe

How tasty was the shoe in question? What was the flavor? 😉

In all seriousness, let us know how the finished fish comes out!

How tasty was the shoe in question? What was the flavor? 😉

LOL. Look, just because I use one of my dogs´ photo for my profile picture that does mean it is what it looks like, okay? (I wish I could be a dog for one day though, just to know what is it in their minds, how they really see things, how they hear, etc). 😂

Once my dad brought something similar, if I am correct it was produced in Japan and it was some kind of a traditional food in there. Personally, it wasn’t for my taste, but this one was canned. I assume that yours was in a plastic wrap.

For a person like me, that’s used to the Balkan cuisine (EX-Yu countries) food like that isn’t tasty. Although, I love some Japanese dishes.

I assume that yours was in a plastic wrap.

You are right. I still have some and I´m going to cook it some time this week. 🙂

PS: I love Japanese food. 😋

If this was me, I probably wouldn’t resoak the fish at all and eat it like I would a regular cut of fresh fish. Instead, I would shred dried pieces as finely as possible before either stir frying the pieces with lots of green veggies and/or later adding that mixture to a mash made out of new potatoes and making fish cakes.

I used to do a lot of fishing and nothing beats really fresh fish (at least in my opinion) therefore I wouldn’t try and turn a dried fish cut back into what it was originally. I’d instead appreciate it as a food ingredient.

In this case, if after your next soaking you still aren’t satisfied with the outcome, maybe use a food processor to shred whole pieces finally and make some kind of fish cake, stir fry or anything spicy and Asian themed.

@cyaxrex Okay I will try to cook it the way (I believe I will still have some left over as I won´t be cooking all the left over I still have now) you were suggesting after my soaking the fish first and then cook it way. 🙂

Guest offlinehelpers

@cyaxrex Okay I will try to cook it the way (I believe I will still have some left over as I won´t be cooking all the left over I still have now) you were suggesting after my soaking the fish first and then cook it way. 🙂

Terrine I could do, me and pate really don’t see eye to eye, though. I’m supposed to be veggie and even though I’ve let that slip this year, I still much prefer home made hummus or falafel. In fact, I adore falafel. The only problem is if I make it I can only make it for myself and eat it in private due to the gas. Either that or I have a mental timer which necessitates that I leave public areas 3-hours after consumption.

eat it in private due to the gas

Very funny…😂

How was the fish? 🙂

@offlinehelpers I haven´t got the time to do my 2nd attempt. I have been suddenly busy with dogs stuff, long story short, I got two dogs to baby sit and they are trouble makers. So I have to ˝train˝ them a little stuff so they can fit in (get along) with my pack (my dogs) instead of acting like spoilt brats who think that they rule, lol. I also keep forgetting to soak the fish into the cold water. I will do it now, so I can cook it tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me. 🙂

Edit: Not that it´s important, but I haven´t done my 2nd attempt up until now. I lost interest in this fish thingy already.

Guest offlinehelpers

@offlinehelpers I haven´t got the time to do my 2nd attempt. I have been suddenly busy with dogs stuff, long story short, I got two dogs to baby sit and they are trouble makers. So I have to ˝train˝ them a little stuff so they can fit in (get along) with my pack (my dogs) instead of acting like spoilt brats who think that they rule, lol. I also keep forgetting to soak the fish into the cold water. I will do it now, so I can cook it tomorrow. Thanks for reminding me. 🙂

Edit: Not that it´s important, but I haven´t done my 2nd attempt up until now. I lost interest in this fish thingy already.

I lost interest in this fish thingy already.

I quite understand! Maybe the dogs would like it? 🙂

Archived