First Time Fiverr User

suewileman

I was recommended to take a look at Fiverr and get some graphics work done for our business and also a part time business I am in. My experiences were both good however I found it difficult to communicate with one of the sellers and wasn’t happy being called Sir when in fact I am female and the time differences had a real impact on delivery times. Basically when I was sleeping they were working. Do people actually tip their sellers, it is something that I am not used to here in Australia, you pay for a service quoted, its not a restaurant. Anyway I am still in the process of a gig and this will make up my mind whether I use again. Must admit there is nothing like personal one on one service in the flesh.

Hello, I dont know whether you are still a member of Fiverr or not. I am a seller (graphic designer) here and i have to share something with you about your post.

point 1. it is difficult to know you are a male or female only with your name. i am using a female cartoon image on my profile but some of my clients still address me as a male 😄 So, request to you please don’t mind about it 🙂

point 2. giving tip is not mandatory. its your wish. sometimes buyer ask us for some extra work, for that they paid the extra fees as a tip. and some of the buyers give tips when become greatly impressed with the service or with the extra fast delivery 🙂

if any of my words hert u kindly forgive .

Thanking you
Marzia

Hello, I dont know whether you are still a member of Fiverr or not. I am a seller (graphic designer) here and i have to share something with you about your post.

point 1. it is difficult to know you are a male or female only with your name. i am using a female cartoon image on my profile but some of my clients still address me as a male 😄 So, request to you please don’t mind about it 🙂

point 2. giving tip is not mandatory. its your wish. sometimes buyer ask us for some extra work, for that they paid the extra fees as a tip. and some of the buyers give tips when become greatly impressed with the service or with the extra fast delivery 🙂

if any of my words hert u kindly forgive .

Thanking you

Marzia

Hi, None of your words offended me. I would probably give a tip if I hadn’t paid such a high price in the first place. Service was not exceptional and neither is product. Thankyou for commenting.

Experiences on Fiverr can range from amazing to terrible, for both buyers and sellers alike. The truth of it is that it’s such a huge platform that it’s really difficult to sum up what interacting with people here is like. There are great services at a high price, and terrible services at a high price. There are also amazing services and terrible services alike at low prices. It’s incredibly diverse as a marketplace. I can’t really speak to how graphics works, as that’s not my field 😛
Of course, nothing beats one-on-one personal service. But for some people it can be difficult to provide/purchase that kind of service, whether because of price, location, or some other reason.
Tips are usually reserved for when you think a seller has performed really well or you just really like the service/seller for whatever reason. Since you weren’t that impressed by the final product, don’t feel pressured to give one.
Hope that was helpful, and best of luck if you do choose to continue using Fiverr 🙂 It’s great for some, and not so much for others, buyers and sellers alike.

Archived