Why buyer messages marked as "SPAMS"?

Guest andrea_kizinger

Guest andrea_kizinger

Yesterday I send buyer requests. Few of them contacted me. But 2 buyer messages were marked as spams. But I didn’t do that. Is that due to my fault or…?

A buyer’s message is marked as spam if the buyer includes some details that fiverr doesn’t support like email, payment details. Fiverr will automatically mark it as spam. But you don’t have to worry, just send an unspam request and you will be able to contact the buyer

Guest andrea_kizinger

A buyer’s message is marked as spam if the buyer includes some details that fiverr doesn’t support like email, payment details. Fiverr will automatically mark it as spam. But you don’t have to worry, just send an unspam request and you will be able to contact the buyer

buyer’s message is marked as spam if the buyer includes some details that fiverr doesn’t support like email,

No there is no details such as email. But there is attached file. I didn’t open that,

buyer’s message is marked as spam if the buyer includes some details that fiverr doesn’t support like email,

No there is no details such as email. But there is attached file. I didn’t open that,

Hmm, don’t know about that. But the buyer must have written something

fiverr isn’t in support of for the message to be marked as spam

We must somehow respond to these messages otherwise response rate will be decreased.

I dont think there is any harm in replying to these spam messages.

i once had a buyer he send me multiple messages. more than 5-6 messages it was marked as spam. and i replied to it and i got a good deal after having conversation with him. I completed the order.

Guest andrea_kizinger

I just missed a order due to this bad system ,fiverr team should update their system. 😡

Its marked as spam when he/she sends multiple messages within a minute.

Fiverr system thinks the buyer is spamming. and marks it as spam.

when he/she sends multiple messages within a minute

Yes. I think that could be the reason plus one time i saw spam message and my timer was running like it was telling me to reply quickly to maintain your response rate and i was like “what! I can’t do this now” also i couldn’t unspam that message for some reason then at the end i deleted it :thinking: I don’t know if it was a smart move.

when he/she sends multiple messages within a minute

Yes. I think that could be the reason plus one time i saw spam message and my timer was running like it was telling me to reply quickly to maintain your response rate and i was like “what! I can’t do this now” also i couldn’t unspam that message for some reason then at the end i deleted it :thinking: I don’t know if it was a smart move.

I did the same but later noticed that response rate was eventually decreased. We may first request “Unspam” and then report back as spam. This is what I am thinking of doing next time.

Fiverr does this automatically if the buyer shared information that is against Fiverr rules. The biggest issue being people who say they are interested in your work and leave and email address - asking you to contact them outside of Fiverr. This is a big no no. As long as Fiverr feels their interaction is professional and appropriate they will not get blocked. If you think someone has been blocked incorrectly you can always contact customer support.

The automatic thing is BS-info.

I had the same thing yesterday and there was nothing wrong with the message from the buyer.

Here is why this happens:

The buyer has send the same question to a bunch of sellers and one of more of them have marked it as spam. Therefore it is marked as spam when you see it.
The big disadvantage is that (again) my respond rate went down the drain because of that. You first have to unspam the message, answer it and if it was spam in the first place you can mark it as spam again. Didn’t do that, as it just was a stupid question asked by this buyer to a ton of sellers.

The automatic thing is BS-info.

I had the same thing yesterday and there was nothing wrong with the message from the buyer.

Here is why this happens:

The buyer has send the same question to a bunch of sellers and one of more of them have marked it as spam. Therefore it is marked as spam when you see it.

The big disadvantage is that (again) my respond rate went down the drain because of that. You first have to unspam the message, answer it and if it was spam in the first place you can mark it as spam again. Didn’t do that, as it just was a stupid question asked by this buyer to a ton of sellers.

You are right @mariokluser . It happened with me, too.

Archived