Search tags are broken

lineupads

One of the gigs is back in the results already, I didn’t add the exact “Instagram promotion” phrase, just to test it out if just changing them works, but looks like it did not, as it still doesn’t appear if I search for “Instagram promotion”.

But… Guess what? I have gone some digging and tweaking and looks like it worked. The gig jumped from the last page (7th) to the first page, first row, for the “Instagram shoutout” keyword, which is my main target. I’ll see how the others perform, and if it helped the ranking of all of the gigs, I’m going to open a dedicated thread on how to optimize the gigs for the current ranking algorithm. Cross your fingers!

Don’t keep us in suspense 😛 Please share your thoughts

I´ve changed tags around again too, I´ve set up an Excel table this time to ‘monitor’ a bit, I forgot last time.

BTW, for one gig I needed to change tags 3 times until the new tags really were saved and not just had seemed to save. For another gig it worked the 1st time (just mentioning because I remember some threads where people had problems editing their tags, so if anyone reads this and has problems, maybe try a 3rd time if 1 or 2 times didn´t work).

I´ve changed tags around again too, I´ve set up an Excel table this time to ‘monitor’ a bit, I forgot last time.

BTW, for one gig I needed to change tags 3 times until the new tags really were saved and not just had seemed to save. For another gig it worked the 1st time (just mentioning because I remember some threads where people had problems editing their tags, so if anyone reads this and has problems, maybe try a 3rd time if 1 or 2 times didn´t work).

Been there. I just delete all of the tags all the time and enter them one-by-one again, it usually works for the first time like that. I also don’t click on the tag that Fiverr suggests, I just enter them and press the return key, that will save the tag too.

Well, I give up. Any time I edit my gigs to optimize them (based on the Academy articles that are supposed to be helpful), they just fall in the ranking even more. Wish Fiverr would revert the nonsense changes they made to the search results’ algorithms, that might fix all of the issues we are having. The better my gigs perform and the more I promote my gigs, the worse ranking I get. Thanks, Fiverr, it’s really motivating.

That’s incredible. I’d love to learn what you’ve done!

Don’t be too excited, they reviewed the rest of my gigs by that, and all of the other (13) gigs just felt to the near-end of the results. So I reverted the changes and a few hours ago they reviewed again, now they are at the complete end of the results. I’m afraid there’s absolutely nothing we can do, the system is just broken due to the recent testing they are performing. Wish we would hear some updates about the “algorithm testing”.

Here is what’s troubling, at least to me:

1. There are those who are, or at least think they are, doing everything Fiverr asks and are doing well. In some cases, I bet some have done nothing new or very little to their gig since the new Algorithm and yet their gig is still doing well with ranking, orders, etc.

2. Then there are people like myself, MissCrystal, lineupads and so on, that feel they have done everything Fvierr asked and dare I say, feel that they actually have done more or at least as much as those who fall in category #1 above.

You can suggest changing tags, suggest changing gig title, suggest more gig promotions, and so on but I’m telling you, I and many others like me, have done that and more, yet, we are stuck in Algorithm Purgatory. If you think I, or others like myself have not tried every thing you have done, ask, and I will honestly tell you if I have done it or not.

So what’s left to do? Maybe nothing. Maybe all we can do is wait it out and hope. I know in the past there were times things slowed down but usually it lasted a day or two and I was right back where i was. This time it feels different and to be honest, the frustration of doing all you can and yet no amount of effort seems to help, is disheartening.

Maybe praying to the Fiverr gods will help.

Here is what’s troubling, at least to me:

1. There are those who are, or at least think they are, doing everything Fiverr asks and are doing well. In some cases, I bet some have done nothing new or very little to their gig since the new Algorithm and yet their gig is still doing well with ranking, orders, etc.

2. Then there are people like myself, MissCrystal, lineupads and so on, that feel they have done everything Fvierr asked and dare I say, feel that they actually have done more or at least as much as those who fall in category #1 above.

You can suggest changing tags, suggest changing gig title, suggest more gig promotions, and so on but I’m telling you, I and many others like me, have done that and more, yet, we are stuck in Algorithm Purgatory. If you think I, or others like myself have not tried every thing you have done, ask, and I will honestly tell you if I have done it or not.

So what’s left to do? Maybe nothing. Maybe all we can do is wait it out and hope. I know in the past there were times things slowed down but usually it lasted a day or two and I was right back where i was. This time it feels different and to be honest, the frustration of doing all you can and yet no amount of effort seems to help, is disheartening.

Maybe praying to the Fiverr gods will help.

You can suggest changing tags, suggest changing gig title, suggest more gig promotions, and so on but I’m telling you, I and many others like me, have done that and more, yet, we are stuck in Algorithm Purgatory.

This. I dare to say I have tried everything I could to optimize my gigs, and even though I’m following all of the Academy guidelines and such, it just makes things worse. I hate to say it, but there’s nothing we can do, just wait. No need to try improving, that’s just wasting your time. The best thing we can do is to wait till we hear an update on the algorithm testing again.

I think things will improve. I think they are getting things fixed and it’s a big job but will be back where it was.

I finally have a gig on the second row of the recommended section, after never appearing at all in that section.

I hope you are right. You reminded me of another distinction that many have commented on: Ranking v.s. Orders

At one time if my gigs showed up on the first page of the Recommended section I got orders. I think I have 2 gigs now on the first page, but no orders.

I realize what I see, others may not. So just because I see it on the first page in my neck of the woods, doesn’t mean others do (unless you are living in my back yard).

But from past experience being ranked on the first page (even when I saw it) was a good thing and orders followed. With the new algorithm I don’t think that is the case.

I think things will improve. I think they are getting things fixed and it’s a big job but will be back where it was.

I finally have a gig on the second row of the recommended section, after never appearing at all in that section.

Miss crystal did a quick search using the term “spell” and you are number 15 in my neck of the woods. Goodness being ranked number 15 for one word term would be considered outstanding in google world. I know, i know, this is not google but even in Fiverr world I would think a 15 ranking would bring you at least 4 or 5 orders a day. Are orders picking up?

Miss crystal did a quick search using the term “spell” and you are number 15 in my neck of the woods. Goodness being ranked number 15 for one word term would be considered outstanding in google world. I know, i know, this is not google but even in Fiverr world I would think a 15 ranking would bring you at least 4 or 5 orders a day. Are orders picking up?

Yes they have slightly improved. Did you notice there are ones ahead of me with 3, 14, 56 reviews? So they are not looking at number of reviews and sales at all to decide who gets seen on the top rows.

Now I see I have a gig in the tenth position under spells suddenly.

Yes they have slightly improved. Did you notice there are ones ahead of me with 3, 14, 56 reviews? So they are not looking at number of reviews and sales at all to decide who gets seen on the top rows.

It’s the tenth for me too now.

Funny how there’s one with 3 reviews and then in the next row there’s one with 3k+ reviews. The one with 3 reviews is there for a few months, while the one with 3k+ reviews is there and working hard for 4 years just to build up her reputation to the max. Then what she achieved is that her ranking is the same as the other one who just joined and probably didn’t do any hard work to get his gig shown there. It just makes a lot of sense, doesn’t it? Fiverr, please.

It’s the tenth for me too now.

Funny how there’s one with 3 reviews and then in the next row there’s one with 3k+ reviews. The one with 3 reviews is there for a few months, while the one with 3k+ reviews is there and working hard for 4 years just to build up her reputation to the max. Then what she achieved is that her ranking is the same as the other one who just joined and probably didn’t do any hard work to get his gig shown there. It just makes a lot of sense, doesn’t it? Fiverr, please.

Funny how there’s one with 3 reviews and then in the next row there’s one with 3k+ reviews.

There must be something else we have not figured out yet. It is not due to merits of the gig at all.

Something the algo likes about the title, tags, description maybe. My gig which just got the tenth position just got a review and a tip.

However I have another gig doing extremely well, getting at least one good review a day which is at the bottom of the second page after you click top rated sellers.

Funny how there’s one with 3 reviews and then in the next row there’s one with 3k+ reviews.

There must be something else we have not figured out yet. It is not due to merits of the gig at all.

Something the algo likes about the title, tags, description maybe. My gig which just got the tenth position just got a review and a tip.

However I have another gig doing extremely well, getting at least one good review a day which is at the bottom of the second page after you click top rated sellers.

If I search for “Instagram shoutout”, my Shoes related gig pops up on the first or second page now for a few days. I haven’t got a single sale on that gig in the past 6 months, and I don’t promote that gig anywhere either, as it’s really not in my top priorities. On the other hand, my Jewelry gig is doing really well for quite some time now, yet it’s on the last page of the results. The titles and descriptions are pretty much the same on all of my gigs, the only differences are the profile niches and the follower counter.

I’m not really getting that many reviews anymore as 9 out of 10 orders are from my own promotion to brands that didn’t use Fiverr yet and probably don’t want to spend time on figuring it out. My gigs have WAY more views than clicks in the past 3 months, the impressions dropped a lot too, from ~1500 a day to 5-15 a day on my second best selling gig. Makes sense as that’s how people use Google also, no one keeps browsing through tens of pages.

I think earnings are what fiverr is check. I know it sounds funny but my girlfriend is graphic designer too and we are in the same university. She is in the 1st page because she have tips everyday. We have almost the same numbers of reviews (positive and negative). She is using same tags as my gig and she is ranked better than me. Also our cancelation rate is almost same.

The only difference between us is that she got more tip (everyday) and nowadays she have more sales than me of course. I doubt that gigs that generate high earnings are staying in 1st page for long time. Maybe I am wrong… who know?

Screen shot of the first page - search term spell - From Panhandle in Florida at 6:30pm

spell.thumb.png.06d5934eb51ba1d53a9b05bd00dd3e71.png

Screen shot of the first page - search term spell - From Panhandle in Florida at 6:30pm

Yes I see mine down there in the third row. I don’t think some of those do much in terms of earnings. I don’t know what they are doing to get in the top two rows. I see some with 14 and 17 reviews.

1.5 hours after you posted that:

319139230_first3rows.thumb.jpg.789b116de06f2933732c595ffc9ffa72.jpg

they now show a different gig of mine in the 3rd row

It was a recent delivery and got a prompt review.

I tried to not be pessimistic as I dont want to start panicking, but my sales started slowing down at the end of May and its been a daily struggle to get orders since then. Over the years I have occasionally worked on my gigs by adjusting the title and changing up the tags and that usually helps, I typically find my gigs climbing higher on the search and getting more orders. But since the big update, nothing that I do works. My best seller was on the front page of the recommended section, dropped to third page, then fell to tenth after I edited it, now, I absolutely cannot find it anywhere. For the past two months I have been doing social media promotions which I used to do but I was not as focused on it as I am now. I am not sure if its helping but I am still getting a few orders from repeat clients and so I just have to be grateful.

Now that Fiverr ranked my vaping related gig on the first page when I search for “Instagram shoutout”, which covers the LEAST amount of Fiverr visitors, I’m having tons of nonsense orders and I have to cancel all of them since buyers don’t seem to read the description anymore. I wonder why did Fiverr choose to rank this gig that high and not the others that are people usually looking for?

The gig is having lots of impressions now (25 a day to 1400 a day) that it went from the last page to the first one a few days back. It’s there since Fiverr declined the gig and reactivated due to their fault. It feels like some kind of compensation for the issue. I’d rather just take a working system.

impressions.thumb.png.988d9f8e07460892d0dca58303db16b5.png

Archived