The Best Smartphone?

dasarg

Hey there,

I am looking to buy a new phone and I must say I am having a hard time to choose among the zillions of models available.

Essentially, I am looking for a phone that

• costs less than $200
  • has a good screen
  • has good battery life
  • has a decent camera

I also prefer Android OS and decent speed.

What do you recommend? What’s a good phone for a freelancer? What phone do you use and what do you think of it?

Well, I bought my first Samsung 1.5 years ago, Note 5 (the kind that doesn’t explode). It’s kinda old, but love it, great reception, and all the perks that’s included in most new version.

I tried out some newer version and I admit, the color in mine does seem a bit bland.

I’m kinda curious what others say.

Well, I bought my first Samsung 1.5 years ago, Note 5 (the kind that doesn’t explode). It’s kinda old, but love it, great reception, and all the perks that’s included in most new version.

I tried out some newer version and I admit, the color in mine does seem a bit bland.

I’m kinda curious what others say.

Seems to be a great phone but it’s too expensive for me! I am looking for something under $200, maybe $250.

You can search Google/GSMarena for full specs.

Less than $200, my recommendations are:

Moto G $179

Zenfone Laser $199 and

ZTE Axon 7 Mini $200

Edit: Go for Mi6 $400. 😁

Thanks for the suggestions!

The Moto G keeps coming up as a good budget smartphone, so I will definitely check it out. Zenfone seems to be pretty good too but kinda old. ZTE also looks good on paper but I doubt I can buy it in my country.

As for the Mi6, I love it but I don’t think I need a $400 smartphone at this point :thinking:

Edit: Contenders so far are also the Samsung J and A series ('16 - '17) and LG K10 ('17). Any thoughts on those?

…am I the only person here who’s still using the flip phone? 😜
My friends call me the “cellosaurus” hahaha.
I’m stuck back in the dinosaur age…with no problems though.
Once my phone breaks I’ll join you guys on the other side.

My suggestion - Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 - 32gb version
Costs less than 200$
Screen - 5.5 inch Full HD Display
400 mah battery - lasts full day
16 MP primary Camera (decent enough)
32 GB ROM (good storage space)
3GB RAM (great speed)

Check full specs online.

…am I the only person here who’s still using the flip phone? 😜

My friends call me the “cellosaurus” hahaha.

I’m stuck back in the dinosaur age…with no problems though.

Once my phone breaks I’ll join you guys on the other side.

@zeus777 Not a flip phone, but I too have an ancient phone currently. 😃

@zeeshan_tirmizi Hahaha… I’m part of that generation, too. The last one to go through that. I will definitely try out Xiaomi. Thanks for the suggestion

@gamunu Thanks for your suggestion! Sony Xperia Z1 has really good specs but it’s old and it has a TFT screen, so not my favorite… 😕

@sanverma96 Thanks for your suggestion. Redmi Note 3 looks amazing on paper. I am thinking of adding some more money and going for the Redmi Note 4. Any thoughts?

@zeus777 Not a flip phone, but I too have an ancient phone currently. 😃

@zeeshan_tirmizi Hahaha… I’m part of that generation, too. The last one to go through that. I will definitely try out Xiaomi. Thanks for the suggestion

@gamunu Thanks for your suggestion! Sony Xperia Z1 has really good specs but it’s old and it has a TFT screen, so not my favorite… 😕

@sanverma96 Thanks for your suggestion. Redmi Note 3 looks amazing on paper. I am thinking of adding some more money and going for the Redmi Note 4. Any thoughts?

You can go for Note 4 if you prefer phone storage over the camera, otherwise, everything else is more or less same.

You can upgrade the Note 3 to Android 6 out of the box so that’s not an issue.

So basically for the extra money, you’ll be getting more storage, a little faster speed but lower camera quality.

Now the decision is yours to make.

Archived