Some suggestions for Buyer Requests

uk1000

Here are some suggestions:

1. In Buyer request, allow us to offer <$5. eg. $4, $3, or $0.50 or even less.

2. Allow attachments eg. of video /images in the buyer request offers. eg. some buyer requests ask for examples. There could be a limit to the video size and/or watermarking could be used so they don’t get full videos/images for free. The videos could be used for rough examples.

3. I’m not sure if they can do this in buyer requests already, but make it easy for buyers to accept multiple offers (ie. from different sellers) for the same project. Or to get multiple different versions (eg. rough versions or final versions) of a project and they can choose the one(s) they want to go ahead with.

4. Giver sellers the option of some notification/info that tells them the buyer has accepted a different offer instead of yours, with maybe some indication of what was different about the other offer (though I suppose it could be the gig itself was better/profile better etc.). But maybe it could say something like “buyer chose a higher/lower priced offer”, or “buyer chose an offer that allowed for higher res/higher video duration or more/less revisions or included background music/voice-over etc.” or “buyer chose a more/less detailed offer” (ie. length of text in offer). Basically to give the sellers making the offers some info about what they could change about their offers to similar buyer requests in future if they want them accepted.

5. Obviously the flag option, but that’s been mentioned many times already.

6. Maybe a comment field where a seller can add comments. eg. for if they want to express interest in a request, but perhaps they really need more info about a request before they can offer a price.

7. Maybe allow multiple offers per user to a buyer request (eg. if they want this without a voice-over, in 720p the amount would be X, if they want it with a voice-over, in 1080p, with this duration etc. it’s Y).

edit:
8) Allow more text to be entered in the offer.

Offers less than $0.50 - I don’t think that would be popular, or profitable. 😀

And for the sellers who want to get more orders or train up in a particular category.

Reducing the price below $5 would also allow them to afford multiple multiple people to work on the same project. Where they could decide to continue with one or more of the sellers on the project.

Every point that you wrote except the point about offer being less than 5$ and Flag can be easily achieved by just responding to the request.

Let us go point by point, Shall we?

1. What’s the point of being able to send offers of less than 5$ when the lowest fee of any gig on Fiverr is 5$?

2. You can use Google drive’s sharable link to give samples.

3)Buyer can message multiple sellers and if buyer wants, he/she can place order to as many of the seller as he/she pleases.

1. There’s no point in clinging to a request ones you’ve sent it because there’s nothing that you can do about it. And as far as revealing the reason is concerned, I am pretty sure that would be confidentiality violation.

2. I guess this one is fair enough as there are number of sellers promoting them selves in BR section.

3. Again, you can just state in request that you need more information and would quote the amount later on and for the time being put any random amount in the offer box.

4. Again, state the same in the same request.

Every point that you wrote except the point about offer being less than 5$ and Flag can be easily achieved by just responding to the request.

Let us go point by point, Shall we?

1. What’s the point of being able to send offers of less than 5$ when the lowest fee of any gig on Fiverr is 5$?

2. You can use Google drive’s sharable link to give samples.

3)Buyer can message multiple sellers and if buyer wants, he/she can place order to as many of the seller as he/she pleases.

1. There’s no point in clinging to a request ones you’ve sent it because there’s nothing that you can do about it. And as far as revealing the reason is concerned, I am pretty sure that would be confidentiality violation.

2. I guess this one is fair enough as there are number of sellers promoting them selves in BR section.

3. Again, you can just state in request that you need more information and would quote the amount later on and for the time being put any random amount in the offer box.

4. Again, state the same in the same request.

The point is, with offers, the buyer could get specific work done for a lower/higher price than is available for gigs.

eg. you can only have a basic gig price of up to $999 but you can offer up to about $5000 on a buyer request already.

I didn’t know that, but Fiverr could make it easier for buyers to get multiple sellers to work on the project, including by reducing the price and/or having stages in the project. Where multiple people could start on the first stage and the buyer could choose one/a few to continue the project with.

The point is, with offers, the buyer could get specific work done for a lower/higher price than is available for gigs.

eg. you can only have a basic gig price of up to $999 but you can offer up to about $5000 on a buyer request already.

I didn’t know that, but Fiverr could make it easier for buyers to get multiple sellers to work on the project, including by reducing the price and/or having stages in the project. Where multiple people could start on the first stage and the buyer could choose one/a few to continue the project with.

Giving a higher price is fair enough but I don’t think going lower than 5$ would make any sense.

I always wondered why the buyer’s profile is such a secret on the buyer requests page - you can’t see the requesting buyer’s username until you bid, and I’d want to do some research on a buyer before bidding to a bigger offer…

I once posted an offer to a request that was from a previous terrible buyer I’ve had (but who would have known? for the buyer requests page doesn’t show their profiles), a buyer who used bad language and threats to get away with my work for free (go figure, his account was still active after breaking the TOS), but his “buyer request” didn’t give me any hint it was him… and I regretted deeply sending him that offer (glad he didn’t respond to it though)

Here are some suggestions:

1. In Buyer request, allow us to offer <$5. eg. $4, $3, or $0.50 or even less.

2. Allow attachments eg. of video /images in the buyer request offers. eg. some buyer requests ask for examples. There could be a limit to the video size and/or watermarking could be used so they don’t get full videos/images for free. The videos could be used for rough examples.

3. I’m not sure if they can do this in buyer requests already, but make it easy for buyers to accept multiple offers (ie. from different sellers) for the same project. Or to get multiple different versions (eg. rough versions or final versions) of a project and they can choose the one(s) they want to go ahead with.

4. Giver sellers the option of some notification/info that tells them the buyer has accepted a different offer instead of yours, with maybe some indication of what was different about the other offer (though I suppose it could be the gig itself was better/profile better etc.). But maybe it could say something like “buyer chose a higher/lower priced offer”, or “buyer chose an offer that allowed for higher res/higher video duration or more/less revisions or included background music/voice-over etc.” or “buyer chose a more/less detailed offer” (ie. length of text in offer). Basically to give the sellers making the offers some info about what they could change about their offers to similar buyer requests in future if they want them accepted.

5. Obviously the flag option, but that’s been mentioned many times already.

6. Maybe a comment field where a seller can add comments. eg. for if they want to express interest in a request, but perhaps they really need more info about a request before they can offer a price.

7. Maybe allow multiple offers per user to a buyer request (eg. if they want this without a voice-over, in 720p the amount would be X, if they want it with a voice-over, in 1080p, with this duration etc. it’s Y).

edit:

8) Allow more text to be entered in the offer.

In Buyer request, allow us to offer <$5. eg. $4, $3, or $0.50 or even less.

Aside from the fact that this will lower the quality of offers that buyers receive, there is also the fact that buyers would be required to pay 3 times the price that a seller values their work at - $0.50 for the work, $1 for the processing fee. There are already enough complaints from buyers about those fees when they they are just 5-20% of the total, imagine explaining to a buyer that they need to pay a 200% processing fee! 😃

As mentioned by @vvk062 above, most of your points can be addressed with some creative thinking but as for number 4, I don’t know how that could even work? Either the buyer would have to give feedback to all 30? offers they received or the offer that was accepted would have to be shown to all others who applied. This would then lead to the desperados copy/pasting that response in all their future offers thinking they have found the magic formula. This would lead to buyers receiving even worse responses than they do already… all this aside from the fact that the successful seller’s methods should remain his unless he decides to share them on the forum!

I always wondered why the buyer’s profile is such a secret on the buyer requests page - you can’t see the requesting buyer’s username until you bid, and I’d want to do some research on a buyer before bidding to a bigger offer…

I once posted an offer to a request that was from a previous terrible buyer I’ve had (but who would have known? for the buyer requests page doesn’t show their profiles), a buyer who used bad language and threats to get away with my work for free (go figure, his account was still active after breaking the TOS), but his “buyer request” didn’t give me any hint it was him… and I regretted deeply sending him that offer (glad he didn’t respond to it though)

There a slight little way around it. If you use the mobile application, you can see the username of the buyer. But yeah, no way to see the image.

There a slight little way around it. If you use the mobile application, you can see the username of the buyer. But yeah, no way to see the image.

That’s for people who afford a smart phone, and one on which the mobile app will also work. I’m still using an old-style brick-like phone.

In Buyer request, allow us to offer <$5. eg. $4, $3, or $0.50 or even less.

Aside from the fact that this will lower the quality of offers that buyers receive, there is also the fact that buyers would be required to pay 3 times the price that a seller values their work at - $0.50 for the work, $1 for the processing fee. There are already enough complaints from buyers about those fees when they they are just 5-20% of the total, imagine explaining to a buyer that they need to pay a 200% processing fee! 😃

As mentioned by @vvk062 above, most of your points can be addressed with some creative thinking but as for number 4, I don’t know how that could even work? Either the buyer would have to give feedback to all 30? offers they received or the offer that was accepted would have to be shown to all others who applied. This would then lead to the desperados copy/pasting that response in all their future offers thinking they have found the magic formula. This would lead to buyers receiving even worse responses than they do already… all this aside from the fact that the successful seller’s methods should remain his unless he decides to share them on the forum!

Aside from the fact that this will lower the quality of offers that buyers receive, there is also the fact that buyers would be required to pay 3 times the price that a seller values their work at - $0.50 for the work, $1 for the processing fee. There are already enough complaints from buyers about those fees when they they are just 5-20% of the total, imagine explaining to a buyer that they need to pay a 200% processing fee!

If they have the amount in their Fiverr account already, there wouldn’t be a processing fee. Also, if they got multiple sellers to work on their project (either to start on it, or do the whole thing or to split the project into many parts that each of the sellers worked on), there would only be 1 processing fee for that project even if multiple sellers were working on it for perhaps <$5.

That’s for people who afford a smart phone, and one on which the mobile app will also work. I’m still using an old-style brick-like phone.

Oh okay, what you can do is download android simulator on your PC or Laptop. But it’ll be a long process I guess.

It’s spam related as far as I can tell unfortunately. It used to be possible to see names. When a buyer who is also a seller posted a buyer request they would get inbox messages begging them for work to the point of ridiculousness! I know this from experience.

It’s spam related as far as I can tell unfortunately. It used to be possible to see names. When a buyer who is also a seller posted a buyer request they would get inbox messages begging them for work to the point of ridiculousness! I know this from experience.

I wasn’t aware of that. However, the buyer requests page still has a lot of (or even more) spam-related issues 😛

The other day I saw a user post the same request like 20 times in a row (flooding)

I also see a ton of sellers promoting their gigs (spam)

I even see a lot of inappropriate requests or even criminal requests as some have pointed out (violation of several TOS rules)

AND to top things, buyers & sellers are still getting inbox messages & custom offer requests where they simply promote their gigs or beg for work.

The buyer request screen could be changed to tell you that you worked with that buyer before and could give you an option to view your past orders/messages with that buyer. It could also be changed so that you could tell it to warn you if you get a request (whether through buyer requests or otherwise) from that buyer again. It could also be based on ratings you give to buyers (not public) - eg. such as if it was a very good/very bad buyer.

Viewing it on a PC currently shows the buyer’s profile image (if they have one) so that could help.

The buyer request screen could be changed to tell you that you worked with that buyer before and could give you an option to view your past orders/messages with that buyer. It could also be changed so that you could tell it to warn you if you get a request (whether through buyer requests or otherwise) from that buyer again. It could also be based on ratings you give to buyers (not public) - eg. such as if it was a very good/very bad buyer.

Viewing it on a PC currently shows the buyer’s profile image (if they have one) so that could help.

Many buyer requests have only an initial of their username, which is of no help at all 😛

Archived