Endless revisions

obadamit

Hi guys please help me:
I worked with a client for a project …everything was first smooth he had a specific script and ideas then after 12 days of working on the project he wanted me to make some revisions I opened and i found a big list of many MANY edits most of them aren’t even in the original script then after 5 days of working he also gave me a long list of revision and now on the 22 day he also send me a “FINAL” edits I really got angry and frustrated:rage: it’s like he bought the service with me for his small amount of money I’m really done from that and I can’t screw it up because my time and effort and will go in vain also with a bad review
what do you think should I do with clients with many revisions??

Unless you provide “Unlimited Revisions” on your gig, like some sellers do, you point that out to them, saying you provide X number of revisions. Anything more, they will have to purchase the extra revisions.

You can then resubmit your completed item for delivery.

If they continue to hit the “Revision” button, contact Customer Support and let them know of the situation with screenshots of your gig description, gig contract and all subsequent messages.

Good Luck! 👍

I’m new on Fiverr and I offer unlimited revisions, because I’m a firm believer in doing a perfect job.

I’m in a process of completing an order for a customer that requested her 7th revision already. I spent a lot of time on this order and really walked an extra mile, delivering and doing things that even weren’t in the initial order, just so I can provide the best service possible. But the client doesn’t seem to know what she wants herself and changes her mind often.

Right now I’ve delivered another revision, basically a completely new product and the time left for this order was just a couple of hours. I’m wondering, what will happen if the client will ask for another revision and the timer will run out? Will it mark my order as “failed to deliver on time”?

Because of that I’m considering switching from unlimited revisions.

I would say do exactly what @djgodknows because I have run across the same problem, with clients adding or wanting to change things completely.

The method I found is, if they request for a revision without hitting “request revision” I always [nicely] tell my clients to “Please, hit request revision so I can redeliver it for you”. Most of them will. It’s the ones who don’t and want to argue that are trying to “cheat” per say.

Good luck!

I’m new on Fiverr and I offer unlimited revisions, because I’m a firm believer in doing a perfect job.

I’m in a process of completing an order for a customer that requested her 7th revision already. I spent a lot of time on this order and really walked an extra mile, delivering and doing things that even weren’t in the initial order, just so I can provide the best service possible. But the client doesn’t seem to know what she wants herself and changes her mind often.

Right now I’ve delivered another revision, basically a completely new product and the time left for this order was just a couple of hours. I’m wondering, what will happen if the client will ask for another revision and the timer will run out? Will it mark my order as “failed to deliver on time”?

Wow! You are definitely braver than I am! Unlimited revisions are risky I feel like. Because I think more buyers will request revisions because they know they don’t have to know what they want. With unlimited revisions they can request until something they want appears. With less revisions offered it might pressure them into really thinking about exactly what they want. Though we are in different genres on Fiverr, that is what I have found at least. 🙂 I definitely think 7 revisions has to be tough! Good luck!

Also, if you have already delivered the order and are in the revision stages. Once the timer goes out it will say “LATE” but you will not have any automated review. 🙂 Don’t worry.

Wow! You are definitely braver than I am! Unlimited revisions are risky I feel like. Because I think more buyers will request revisions because they know they don’t have to know what they want. With unlimited revisions they can request until something they want appears. With less revisions offered it might pressure them into really thinking about exactly what they want. Though we are in different genres on Fiverr, that is what I have found at least. 🙂 I definitely think 7 revisions has to be tough! Good luck!

Also, if you have already delivered the order and are in the revision stages. Once the timer goes out it will say “LATE” but you will not have any automated review. 🙂 Don’t worry.

Yeah, I completely agree! A finite number of revisions would make people more conscious about what they actually want. I will probably switch from unlimited revisions after all.

Where will it say LATE? What things will that affect for me as a seller?

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, I completely agree! A finite number of revisions would make people more conscious about what they actually want. I will probably switch from unlimited revisions after all.

Where will it say LATE? What things will that affect for me as a seller?

Thanks for your reply!

I actually do most of my revisions in the LATE part of the order because I deliver fairly close to the due time and the time change delays contact with my clients. It merely means that the “delivery” of the order is past the length it was scheduled for, but that happens with orders that require revisions so Fiverr understands that once it is in revision mode it won’t really affect you.

Now, as far as it hurting ranking or something. I have no idea and I would like to know the answer as well! I have had an order that went 10 DAYS past the “due date” because the woman requested a revision but didn’t tell me what she needed fixed until 5 days after she hit revision. Then of course she requested more revisions. Anyways, the point is that I was not impacted at all by it. So I think you will be ok! 🙂

Edit: I deliver all of my orders ON TIME. By LATE I mean if they request revisions it is often past the due date. Haha. I didn’t want it to look like I was always delivering late. Haha

Unlimited revisions on Fiverr make about as much sense as smoking in a bath full of kerosene or trying to walk a cat on leash through quicksand.

It doesn’t matter whether you are new or an established seller, advertising unlimited revisions is the freelance equivalent of putting up a neon sign saying ‘OPEN FOR EXPLOITATION.’

The First Lesson of Fiverr:

Buyers get as many revisions as they like anyway. Don’t offer any revisions at all and they can still hit the revision button as many times as they like.

Second Lesson of Fiverr:

If someone does send you endless revision requests (IF you are sensible enough not to offer unlimited revisions) know when to say STOP!!!

Unlimited revisions on Fiverr make about as much sense as smoking in a bath full of kerosene or trying to walk a cat on leash through quicksand.

It doesn’t matter whether you are new or an established seller, advertising unlimited revisions is the freelance equivalent of putting up a neon sign saying ‘OPEN FOR EXPLOITATION.’

The First Lesson of Fiverr:

Buyers get as many revisions as they like anyway. Don’t offer any revisions at all and they can still hit the revision button as many times as they like.

Second Lesson of Fiverr:

If someone does send you endless revision requests (IF you are sensible enough not to offer unlimited revisions) know when to say STOP!!!

I’m a firm believer that if your client really appreciates your work they will understand the message: “You’ve exceeded the amount of revisions we initially agreed upon.”

I usually work with higher priced buyers which in all fairness do deserve several solid revisions - if needed. However, say for example you offer writing services

advertising unlimited revisions is the freelance equivalent of putting up a neon sign saying ‘OPEN FOR EXPLOITATION.’

!! 😉

In conclusion, it really depends on the order amount, which category your work in and how “professional” your buyers are!

I have this situation from time to time. I don’t advertise unlimited revisions, nor do I post a limited set revision amount.

I find that MOST people are happy with the results I give within a fair amount of revisions (1 - 3). But occasionally, I’ll get someone that requires “special attention”… lol.

I have one particular returning buyer that places small orders and asks for favors and extra revisions every time. In the beginning, this buyer promised 100 orders in a years time, but I had no idea what her orders were going to involve. In almost two years time, I’ve done 10 orders for her.

Anyway, after the first 3 orders, I could see that I was clearly being taken advantage of, and it didn’t need to be that way. I wrote her a nice positive message stating that some of my pricing and procedures had changed somewhat and that now I am offering 3 revisions, and then if someone needs additional revisions my fee is $10 per every set of 3 changes thereafter.

This doesn’t need to be an issue. I just explained to her that if she plans out her thoughts and needs in the beginning, there will be no need for more than 3 revisions. This has worked out great for us.

I think some buyers don’t know what they want, they just know they need a service and order your gig and make revisions as they go, unfortunately, as many as it takes.

Hope this information is helpful.

Revisions are for changes to an existing product, not a new one.🙂

Archived