Disappointed by this site

veloes

I wanted to do a gift to a friend of mine, I paid a gig 80€ which is a **huge amount of money for a single gig, it was for an art portrait, I had no news of it for 2 weeks then I had it, wasn’t what I wanted, I asked for rectifications twice but the seller only did worst afterwards so I took the 1st picture … I waited 14 days and paid 80€ for a picture I’m not happy with, and I think that person actually paid for someone to make it and then sells it and do the retouches. I feel scammed.

I always feel in these situations, with the rare exception, you can’t blame anyone else (except the seller of course)

You need to be careful, and I see that you joined on January 2017. If you’re unexperienced on Fiverr, it’s easy to think better of the general quality of gigs. There are fantastic gigs out there, but equally there are unexperienced, unskilled sellers selling supposedly professional standard gigs.

Can I ask what he had in terms of gig photos? Was his live portfolio turned on, and how was the general standard of his work? Buying from a seller with his live portfolio on, for me, would be an absolute must.

I always feel in these situations, with the rare exception, you can’t blame anyone else (except the seller of course)

You need to be careful, and I see that you joined on January 2017. If you’re unexperienced on Fiverr, it’s easy to think better of the general quality of gigs. There are fantastic gigs out there, but equally there are unexperienced, unskilled sellers selling supposedly professional standard gigs.

Can I ask what he had in terms of gig photos? Was his live portfolio turned on, and how was the general standard of his work? Buying from a seller with his live portfolio on, for me, would be an absolute must.

I’m sure there are plenty of good people working there, but this one took my money by fraud, and Fiverr clearly let that happen, because anyone can be anything on this site.

He some gigs to offer, but it’s actually copied content again, I should’ve been more careful, I tought the price would get a result …

EDIT : The person is a scam, takes pictures from other people to “create” the gigs, how can I report than person and get back my money ?

EDIT : The person is a scam, takes pictures from other people to “create” the gigs, how can I report than person and get back my money ?

Report the gig to customer support. It may be worth reading the Fiverr Terms Of Service (https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service) to find ways in which it actually violates it, so you can send those violations to customer support along with your report

I’m sure there are plenty of good people working there, but this one took my money by fraud, and Fiverr clearly let that happen, because anyone can be anything on this site.

He some gigs to offer, but it’s actually copied content again, I should’ve been more careful, I tought the price would get a result …

You could give £1000 to anyone and it won’t guarantee you’ll get work done. If you gave £1000 to me I still wouldn’t be able to build you a website. It’s all relative. You need to ensure the seller is skilled. I sympathise with your plight, but it’s quite hard to when you didn’t research the seller or their work properly before paying that large sum

You could give £1000 to anyone and it won’t guarantee you’ll get work done. If you gave £1000 to me I still wouldn’t be able to build you a website. It’s all relative. You need to ensure the seller is skilled. I sympathise with your plight, but it’s quite hard to when you didn’t research the seller or their work properly before paying that large sum

It’s not a question of skill, if I give you 1000£ for an apple and you give me an orange, I want my money back, it’s a scam, not a low quality worker.

It’s not a question of skill, if I give you 1000£ for an apple and you give me an orange, I want my money back, it’s a scam, not a low quality worker.

But if you’re looking for an apple, you find someone who can actually supply you an apple. It’s like me putting a cardboard apple on sale and you calling me a scam artist because you bought it with the intention of receiving a real apple. Look at the quality of the product carefully before. It’s exactly a matter of looking at the seller’s skill and product

But if you’re looking for an apple, you find someone who can actually supply you an apple. It’s like me putting a cardboard apple on sale and you calling me a scam artist because you bought it with the intention of receiving a real apple. Look at the quality of the product carefully before. It’s exactly a matter of looking at the seller’s skill and product

The “products” were good, just not his work. You’re confusing.

Also : "Furthermore, Fiverr is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Gigs, their delivery, and any communications between buyers and sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate Gigs® service offers."

Good luck with that.

The “products” were good, just not his work. You’re confusing.

Also : "Furthermore, Fiverr is not responsible for the content, quality or the level of service provided by the Sellers. We provide no warranty with respect to the Gigs, their delivery, and any communications between buyers and sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate Gigs® service offers."

Good luck with that.

I understand that, but that’s another thing you need to make sure of. The seller’s ACTUAL skill. In this case, the seller didn’t actually have any skill, as you now know. You need to look at the possibility of the displayed work not being theirs

I understand that, but that’s another thing you need to make sure of. The seller’s ACTUAL skill. In this case, the seller didn’t actually have any skill, as you now know. You need to look at the possibility of the displayed work not being theirs

Well the displayed work was actually good art, you get the clickbait technique ? It looks like what you want, but once you pay for it it’s not at all what you tought.

I don’t understand the confusion here, just leave a negative review, and request a refund through customer service.

I did, but I’m not very confident about being refunded by someone who can scam on this site like everyone else so easily.

I did, but I’m not very confident about being refunded by someone who can scam on this site like everyone else so easily.

It’s not particularly easy for them to scam you and retain a good image on the site. If the seller is regularly scamming people, it will show. Look for someone with a high number of positive reviews and do a little research rather than expecting a high price to get you high quality.

Honestly, I understand your issue, and I know how easy it can be to make that mistake, especially as a new buyer on Fiverr. I can assure you there is great quality work being provided here, but a lot of sellers are selling other people’s work or extremely low quality work.

I’m not going to blame this on you as I do understand, and you’re a new buyer. You know now that’s something to look out for. Here’s my tips for finding high quality sellers:

• Try to use Level 2 sellers or Top Rated Sellers where possible. This is displayed by a Purple or Yellow badge on their profile. Do some extra research before buying from Level 1 sellers (Blue Badge).

• If it’s an art related gig; painting, graphic design etc, search their images through a search engine to see if it’s copied from the internet.

• MAKE SURE THE GIG HAS A LIVE PORTFOLIO. The first 3 images are usually images the seller has uploaded themselves, so it can be from anywhere. If they have a lot of reviews, chances are that some of the photos along the portfolio are actually their work.

• Contact the seller beforehand to see if they can even carry out the work with you. This will also help prevent ordering the gig only to find that the seller delivers massively late as they were too busy.

• Read the Fiverr Terms of Service to see if the gig violates the Terms of Service in the way it operates, or what it provides.

• If a seller is late/unresponsive after ordering, contact them once more, give it 24 hours and then cancel

You aren’t actually allowed to link to the seller’s profile. You can’t call out other people or their accounts on the Forums as it’s a violation of the Terms of Service

That’s nice, I get it, I didn’t choose the good person, despites all your good thinking, i felt in it because look :

I asked for a pin up portrait, look what this scum gave me : [Picture of an artwork, and almost the same side by side]

He took a picture of someone else artwork, put the face of my friend on it, turned it red, removed (badly) the logo and sent me this. I wouldn’t want it for 1€, it’s a scam.

The only thing “suspect” that you could say is not many reviews, and is a new member, now I’ll wait few days for the support answer if there is one, and I’ll explain how well everything went here 🙂

the Term of Service says “We provide no warranty with respect to the Gigs, their delivery, and any communications between buyers and sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate Gigs® service offers” So noone should do anything if there is a scam ?

That’s nice, I get it, I didn’t choose the good person, despites all your good thinking, i felt in it because look :

I asked for a pin up portrait, look what this scum gave me : [Picture of an artwork, and almost the same side by side]

He took a picture of someone else artwork, put the face of my friend on it, turned it red, removed (badly) the logo and sent me this. I wouldn’t want it for 1€, it’s a scam.

The only thing “suspect” that you could say is not many reviews, and is a new member, now I’ll wait few days for the support answer if there is one, and I’ll explain how well everything went here 🙂

the Term of Service says “We provide no warranty with respect to the Gigs, their delivery, and any communications between buyers and sellers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and common sense in choosing appropriate Gigs® service offers” So noone should do anything if there is a scam ?

You did buy from an account with 2 previous reviews, in total, before you. Fatal mistake. I can’t see how you’d justify paying 80 euros to someone with 2 reviews, which could also easily be reviews he’s left from other accounts.

Even as a new buyer, that’s really just common sense, is it not?

You have to show customer support proof that the work isn’t his, and he’ll have his gig taken down. You can get a refund, as the funds will take 14 days to be processed for withdrawal. The order can be withdrawn and the funds refunded to your account if there’s sufficient evidence of the seller selling products which are someone else’s work

You did buy from an account with 2 previous reviews, in total, before you. Fatal mistake. I can’t see how you’d justify paying 80 euros to someone with 2 reviews, which could also easily be reviews he’s left from other accounts.

Even as a new buyer, that’s really just common sense, is it not?

You won’t get a gig if the seller is not well known ? I tought it was a new seller, who could do great work. You’re the reason why new sellers can’t get buyers, but you don’t care since you get it from someone who has plenty of demands ?

The proof is there, I sent it, I just hope the support will be actually helpful.

You won’t get a gig if the seller is not well known ? I tought it was a new seller, who could do great work. You’re the reason why new sellers can’t get buyers, but you don’t care since you get it from someone who has plenty of demands ?

The proof is there, I sent it, I just hope the support will be actually helpful.

You’re the reason why new sellers can’t get buyers, but you don’t care since you get it from someone who has plenty of demands ?

Why are you trying to turn this around on me and accuse me of not supporting the community 😂

You bought from a seller who had 2 reviews, paid them 80 euros and received a bad product. Everyone has to start from scratch on Fiverr, obviously, and someone has to buy the gigs to get that person up and running, but why on God’s earth would you pay 80 euros to someone with 2 reviews. That’s not pocket change. Large sums should not be spent on unproven sellers. End of.

I got started on Fiverr by selling gigs for $5, because that’s an amount a buyer can afford to risk. I’ve had 4 accounts at different times since 2013 and reached Level 2 seller everytime, each time by providing good products at cheap prices. I wouldn’t feel sorry for a new seller not getting orders if they’re pricing their work at such high prices. On the subject, I also wouldn’t feel sorry for a buyer getting scammed after paying such a large sum to someone completely unproven as a seller.

Common sense man, really.

You’re the reason why new sellers can’t get buyers, but you don’t care since you get it from someone who has plenty of demands ?

Why are you trying to turn this around on me and accuse me of not supporting the community 😂

You bought from a seller who had 2 reviews, paid them 80 euros and received a bad product. Everyone has to start from scratch on Fiverr, obviously, and someone has to buy the gigs to get that person up and running, but why on God’s earth would you pay 80 euros to someone with 2 reviews. That’s not pocket change. Large sums should not be spent on unproven sellers. End of.

I got started on Fiverr by selling gigs for $5, because that’s an amount a buyer can afford to risk. I’ve had 4 accounts at different times since 2013 and reached Level 2 seller everytime, each time by providing good products at cheap prices. I wouldn’t feel sorry for a new seller not getting orders if they’re pricing their work at such high prices. On the subject, I also wouldn’t feel sorry for a buyer getting scammed after paying such a large sum to someone completely unproven as a seller.

Common sense man, really.

I got started on Fiverr by selling gigs for $5, because that’s an amount a buyer can afford to risk

That’s the minimum ammount now, and I don’t care about it, this price was justified for my demand, if it was actually orginal work, I’d just let the review as it is.

I got started on Fiverr by selling gigs for $5, because that’s an amount a buyer can afford to risk

That’s the minimum ammount now, and I don’t care about it, this price was justified for my demand, if it was actually orginal work, I’d just let the review as it is.

But your demand also completely justified the need for a proven seller. I really cannot sympathise, I’m sorry

If the seller did not deliver what was promised then you go to customer service and complain. If you accepted the gig, even though you would have got a prompt to say you cannot request changes after accepting then I think it unlikely that you will get are refund and honestly, I don’t think you should be entitled to one if you accepted.

You quoted the terms of service twice about it not being Fiverr’s responsibility to ensure gig quality - it is yours. If it’s not good enough then don’t accept it. Is it a case that you only read the terms of service after there was a problem? If so then it is your own fault - there are scammers and incompetent people everywhere, if you don’t bother to protect yourself then you have to accept the consequences when it goes wrong.

Archived