Disappointed by this site

veloes

If the seller did not deliver what was promised then you go to customer service and complain. If you accepted the gig, even though you would have got a prompt to say you cannot request changes after accepting then I think it unlikely that you will get are refund and honestly, I don’t think you should be entitled to one if you accepted.

You quoted the terms of service twice about it not being Fiverr’s responsibility to ensure gig quality - it is yours. If it’s not good enough then don’t accept it. Is it a case that you only read the terms of service after there was a problem? If so then it is your own fault - there are scammers and incompetent people everywhere, if you don’t bother to protect yourself then you have to accept the consequences when it goes wrong.

if you don’t bother to protect yourself then you have to accept the consequences when it goes wrong.

Exactly that, and handing over 80 euros to a seller with 2 reviews and expecting a high quality return is the opposite of protecting yourself

if you don’t bother to protect yourself then you have to accept the consequences when it goes wrong.

Exactly that, and handing over 80 euros to a seller with 2 reviews and expecting a high quality return is the opposite of protecting yourself

I once placed an order of $250 with a seller who had one review. The other review they had was from me though - I had paid $20 for a sample order and they were excellent. They are now level 2.

Everyone starts somewhere but it is important to be extra vigilant with new sellers - a smaller order first is always a good idea.

I once placed an order of $250 with a seller who had one review. The other review they had was from me though - I had paid $20 for a sample order and they were excellent. They are now level 2.

Everyone starts somewhere but it is important to be extra vigilant with new sellers - a smaller order first is always a good idea.

The other review they had was from me though - I had paid $20 for a sample order and they were excellent.

Exactly, but that’s a completely different story. That’s a $20 sample order to someone, and then re-ordering with a large sum after they’ve just proven themselves directly to you. $20 is still a justifiable risk. Going straight ahead with an order more than 4 times that amount is really just quite silly

He took this argument to my inbox as he cannot reply here, and he says he doesn’t want my help, as I said that it’s the buyer’s fault and that it’s the buyer’s responsibility to know where they’re spending their money. He also said my advice, saying that spending $5 is a more justifiable risk, was implying that I think it’s completely okay for someone to scam if the money spent is lower, and that I belong on Fiverr with all the other scammers. He also sent me links to other gigs he’s just found with fake portfolio photos, stating that they’re of lower prices, and with the message ‘Now if obvious, but how big it is for the actual moderators ?!’, which I can’t really understand

I’ve never in my life met such an ignorant buyer. Through all that help and advice we’ve offered, he took absolutely nothing. Completely laughable.

Everyone please calm down. There is no need for this situation to escalate.

To the OP @veloes please be respectful, inappropiate language is not tolerated.

@parradesigns if you do not wish to receive pm messages, you can simpy let him know or you can also flag the messages as well.

I blocked him on Fiverr anyhow to prevent further messages. The only reason behind my further post on this thread was to make sure people know that we’ve done everything to try and help and he’s decided not to listen, instead getting rather quite rude. It was intended as a statement to tell people that there isn’t much point posting more messages intended to help this buyer.

Not quite the reception I expected in return for all that help I offered him on this thread

Also, just to point out that I replied for him to please stop messaging me multiple times, even still repeating the advice I’d given, and he continued with further insulting comments.

$5 or $1000, if the seller does not provide the work advertised, it is his fault.

As a buyer, it is not his responsibility to guess which seller is a scam or a truly hard working one. The buyer pays for a service which has to be provided as promised, no matter how many reviews or money are involved.

I agree with the fact that it should be best to start with a smaller order first, but that is not always possible. Under no circumstances is the buyer to be blamed for this situation. Fiverr promotes high-quality work which is provided in a professional matter, and that is what should be delivered by each seller. If there are some sellers who think they can simply get away with it, they should be punished by Customer Support and the money should go back to the buyer immediately.

The solution is always in the hands of Customer Support. Not only will they provide the actual help that is needed, but they will also guide the buyer towards the best option to solve this kind of issue.

Just because there are sellers who do not understand how Fiverr works or should work, that does not mean that all new ones should work for $5 to prove their worth, when in reality, their gig should be $100.

But that’s just my opinion.

$5 or $1000, if the seller does not provide the work advertised, it is his fault.

As a buyer, it is not his responsibility to guess which seller is a scam or a truly hard working one. The buyer pays for a service which has to be provided as promised, no matter how many reviews or money are involved.

I agree with the fact that it should be best to start with a smaller order first, but that is not always possible. Under no circumstances is the buyer to be blamed for this situation. Fiverr promotes high-quality work which is provided in a professional matter, and that is what should be delivered by each seller. If there are some sellers who think they can simply get away with it, they should be punished by Customer Support and the money should go back to the buyer immediately.

The solution is always in the hands of Customer Support. Not only will they provide the actual help that is needed, but they will also guide the buyer towards the best option to solve this kind of issue.

Just because there are sellers who do not understand how Fiverr works or should work, that does not mean that all new ones should work for $5 to prove their worth, when in reality, their gig should be $100.

But that’s just my opinion.

Of course, and I understand that. That’s why we told him to contact customer support. In our cases, as forum members, there is quite literally nothing more we can do than suggest that, and other ways of ensuring safety when buying. I do, however, like I said, place him at fault for putting such a large sum in the hands of an unproven buyer, and then complaining about it. I think the buyer also has a responsibility to know/care about where he or she is investing their money.

Job need to be done on both ends, yet reviews are not a guarantee, understand also that, exemple: you find a top seller or a level 2 that can do your job but you can see that there is xx numbers of order in queue, for most buyers (new) it could mean, more time to wait and unfortunatly they don’t have time, so they end up using a starter or a level one, it’s dice game from then.

I found that most gig where it’s says that seller prefer to be contacted first before getting an order are more reliable than the others as you can explain what you are looking for exactly before you buy and this way you can also check how long it takes for seller to answer and the way he does, it says a lot about the person behind the gig… yet again, not a guarantee

If the seller did not deliver what was promised then you go to customer service and complain. If you accepted the gig, even though you would have got a prompt to say you cannot request changes after accepting then I think it unlikely that you will get are refund and honestly, I don’t think you should be entitled to one if you accepted.

You quoted the terms of service twice about it not being Fiverr’s responsibility to ensure gig quality - it is yours. If it’s not good enough then don’t accept it. Is it a case that you only read the terms of service after there was a problem? If so then it is your own fault - there are scammers and incompetent people everywhere, if you don’t bother to protect yourself then you have to accept the consequences when it goes wrong.

Hello,

I am in a similar situation where I have paid $500 for a website. I have not gotten the website or anything to even look at and review. The designer told me to accept the project because the deadline had passed and that we could still work on it. I have all of the emails where he stated all of this. I am new to Fiverr and because he had otherwise been very responsive and thought it would be fine. Now he has stopped communicating with me totally. I don’t see how to contact customer service. Can you provide some insight?

Hello,

I am in a similar situation where I have paid $500 for a website. I have not gotten the website or anything to even look at and review. The designer told me to accept the project because the deadline had passed and that we could still work on it. I have all of the emails where he stated all of this. I am new to Fiverr and because he had otherwise been very responsive and thought it would be fine. Now he has stopped communicating with me totally. I don’t see how to contact customer service. Can you provide some insight?

I am sorry this happened to you. Please contact customer support at support.fiverr.com

Make sure to include screenshots of your conversation.

Of course, and I understand that. That’s why we told him to contact customer support. In our cases, as forum members, there is quite literally nothing more we can do than suggest that, and other ways of ensuring safety when buying. I do, however, like I said, place him at fault for putting such a large sum in the hands of an unproven buyer, and then complaining about it. I think the buyer also has a responsibility to know/care about where he or she is investing their money.

The guy who did this to me had 1000+ of great reviews. I read a lot of his reviews before I hired him and actually hired him because of the reviews…and now I’m out of $500.00.

The guy who did this to me had 1000+ of great reviews. I read a lot of his reviews before I hired him and actually hired him because of the reviews…and now I’m out of $500.00.

Perhaps he is busy in this case or simply being lazy. He still has to deliver your work and he probably knows that for the sake of his account, but when money is guaranteed to come through, some people slack or stop working completely, pushing projects to the back of their priorities. Of course, the only thing you should do is contact customer service like Anna suggested, to get your money back. It’s awful service and the seller has no excuse for it.

Even with more reputable sellers, you still cannot be guaranteed the service you’re looking for, which is the reason for review systems and customer support, but it’s sure as hell a safer bet. I definitely cannot blame you when you’ve been duped by a popular seller, but there is a much higher risk with brand new sellers like in the case of this post. I wouldn’t blame anyone for getting scammed, but I would blame someone for not taking basic and necessary precaution in the lead up to getting scammed. Unless you’ve worked with them before as eoinfinnigan stated, or ensured their work is really theirs, I wouldn’t recommend going with a completely new seller for large-sum projects.

It’s not so much the actual issue which irritated me in the poster’s case, but more the rude responses and likening of myself to a Fiverr scammer after the long paragraphs of help I offered him, when ultimately he took an unnecessary risk with a large sum of money. That’s all there was to my more austere responses at the end of this post.

I’m only here to help and I didn’t see the need for such rude private messages from him, but I wish you the best of luck in getting your money back and I hope customer support can help you.

Perhaps he is busy in this case or simply being lazy. He still has to deliver your work and he probably knows that for the sake of his account, but when money is guaranteed to come through, some people slack or stop working completely, pushing projects to the back of their priorities. Of course, the only thing you should do is contact customer service like Anna suggested, to get your money back. It’s awful service and the seller has no excuse for it.

Even with more reputable sellers, you still cannot be guaranteed the service you’re looking for, which is the reason for review systems and customer support, but it’s sure as hell a safer bet. I definitely cannot blame you when you’ve been duped by a popular seller, but there is a much higher risk with brand new sellers like in the case of this post. I wouldn’t blame anyone for getting scammed, but I would blame someone for not taking basic and necessary precaution in the lead up to getting scammed. Unless you’ve worked with them before as eoinfinnigan stated, or ensured their work is really theirs, I wouldn’t recommend going with a completely new seller for large-sum projects.

It’s not so much the actual issue which irritated me in the poster’s case, but more the rude responses and likening of myself to a Fiverr scammer after the long paragraphs of help I offered him, when ultimately he took an unnecessary risk with a large sum of money. That’s all there was to my more austere responses at the end of this post.

I’m only here to help and I didn’t see the need for such rude private messages from him, but I wish you the best of luck in getting your money back and I hope customer support can help you.

Thank you for your insight and information. I want the product more than the money but not sure if that will happen. And yes, everyone should be respectful on this site!

Thank you for your insight and information. I want the product more than the money but not sure if that will happen. And yes, everyone should be respectful on this site!

Very true. Keep trying. I’m certain that if you act quickly, there’s no way you can truly lose your money on Fiverr without receiving an end product. Respect is all you need to give, and all you expect to receive, and I realise sometimes I come across as lacking in it, but I grow tired of people completely ignoring what I say when it’s genuinely helpful advice.

Like I said though, I wish you the best with getting the money back, and hopefully your next website design investment will be more fruitful

I wanted to do a gift to a friend of mine, I paid a gig 80€ which is a **huge amount of money for a single gig, it was for an art portrait, I had no news of it for 2 weeks then I had it, wasn’t what I wanted, I asked for rectifications twice but the seller only did worst afterwards so I took the 1st picture … I waited 14 days and paid 80€ for a picture I’m not happy with, and I think that person actually paid for someone to make it and then sells it and do the retouches. I feel scammed.

I wanted to do a gift to a friend of mine, I paid a gig 80€ which is a **huge amount of money for a single gig, it was for an art portrait, I had no news of it for 2 weeks then I had it, wasn’t what I wanted, I asked for rectifications twice but the seller only did worst afterwards so I took the 1st picture … I waited 14 days and paid 80€ for a picture I’m not happy with, and I think that person actually paid for someone to make it and then sells it and do the retouches. I feel scammed.

Such Worst situation

He took this argument to my inbox as he cannot reply here, and he says he doesn’t want my help, as I said that it’s the buyer’s fault and that it’s the buyer’s responsibility to know where they’re spending their money. He also said my advice, saying that spending $5 is a more justifiable risk, was implying that I think it’s completely okay for someone to scam if the money spent is lower, and that I belong on Fiverr with all the other scammers. He also sent me links to other gigs he’s just found with fake portfolio photos, stating that they’re of lower prices, and with the message ‘Now if obvious, but how big it is for the actual moderators ?!’, which I can’t really understand

I’ve never in my life met such an ignorant buyer. Through all that help and advice we’ve offered, he took absolutely nothing. Completely laughable.

_

I blocked him on Fiverr anyhow to prevent further messages. The only reason behind my further post on this thread was to make sure people know that we’ve done everything to try and help and he’s decided not to listen, instead getting rather quite rude. It was intended as a statement to tell people that there isn’t much point posting more messages intended to help this buyer.

Not quite the reception I expected in return for all that help I offered him on this thread

Also, just to point out that I replied for him to please stop messaging me multiple times, even still repeating the advice I’d given, and he continued with further insulting comments.

You said “£5 is an amount you can afford to risk, just incase it is a scam” just to tell me I’m an idiot to get an expensive gig. So people ordering expensive things are stupid, only on this site because you have no warranty you’ll get scammed or disappointed by the result ?

All your arguments you made are pointless to me.

If you feel insulted by my answers, sorry, but it’s very hard to not make fun of that (send screenshots of our conv, it’s so very offensive, I used the f word once, and it was more toward me than you, this argue that you have to entertain because I didn’t care about your opinion has nothing to do there, we should’ve talk about in in the PM … )

Hi.

I wasn’t able to respond because of a limit of posts made the 1st day of an account on the forum.

I rectify my topic title : I’m not disappointed by the site, but by some of the users. The support did a great job so far, I just did a forum topic because something wrong happenned and I had the right to be angry about it. It wasn’t a help signal, I did that by contacting the support, which did a great job.

I readed all the answers, happy to see I’m not alone.

Archived