Tips to Get Answers Faster

kevinwil

markcom said: I simply cannot make fiverr work.

If you already DID place an order through PayPal, then started a dialogue with the seller, but the seller then says that you have not purchased yet -- that is a glitch. Other reports have been posted with variation of this same complaint about orders not showing up online. Only Fiverr Customer service can address this for you. They will have access to all activity from each of you on Fiverr.

__ __ __

If, on the other hand, you are just not sure of the order to use to START a new order, read the following.

markcom said: When I click on "ORDER NOW," it takes me directly to a PayPal screen.

Sounds normal. Maybe not what you expected, but this is the way anyone places an order on Fiverr. Some gigs require conversation between buyer and seller before a purchase, but some don't. So Fiverr let's you ask questions in advance if you wish, and if the seller wants you to do that, but it is not required by the technology.

markcom said: The only way I can see to communicate with him is through the "Contact Me" button below his bio. So I wrote to him what I wanted him to do, but he mentioned again I have to fill out an order.

So you DID send a personal message and got a personal response. So the message system worked for you already - technically speaking. If you are sure you need to ask questions in advance, then that is the way to do it. Problem might really be that this particular seller either misunderstood your question or didn't want to invest any time in you until you proved you were serious by actually placing an order. Most sellers would happily answer a few question first no telling why this one did not. There may also be some language barriers between Fiverr buyers and sellers.

If what you want is clearly offered and described by that seller and he/she does not ask for prior communication, then go ahead and use PayPal to place the order - $5 or whatever upgraded price you are ordering. If it is just $5 in your case, then I'd frankly suggest that you just spend the $5 and learn how the Fiverr system works. At worst you are out $5, but have learned the methods, decided whether you like this seller's work, and maybe even have your job done well for just $5.

Once you have placed an order, then a new ongoing message thread will be created to let you each communicate further, facilitate the transfer of files, and finish with feedback. (But that thread will not include the Q&A you exchanged in advance of placing the order. Your older exchanges will still be viewable, but in different message threads.)

If you decide that this particular seller won't communicate to your satisfaction in advance of the official placing of an order, there are likely other sellers offering similar gigs who will.

Notes: If you are new, two more things about purchases that you might not expect.

a. if you use PayPal to buy a gig on Fiverr and later is it cancelled and refunded, then you don't get cash back. Fiverr holds it on account for you to buy something else.

b. If you ARE in that situation where transaction(s) are cancelled and you then have money on account with Fiverr, then when you next place an order you don't go to PayPal -- you just pay from you "on hold" funds, as long as they are enough to pay for the new purchases.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived