Money stolen from my fiverr account!

habib1jnu

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could’ve been in this way-

1. There was a spyware attached with any program you downloaded. (Not to mention, in Fiverr you will occasionally find someone asking you to do a work and will send you an attachment in a ZIP, inside it you will find a exe with a spyware ready to do it`s work.)
  2. Then the spyware will copy and upload your browser cache to it`s ftp server.
  3. It will not take more than an hour or so, to break the 128bit encryption of the regular browsers after that.
  4. Hackers did their job, now they have all your accounts password of all the sites you logged-in with the browser and clicked the remember password option. 😐

Thank you for this frightening revelation. But how can one effectively counter this?

I’m a bit nervous about hackers, so I try to withdraw my money fairly regularly so if something does happen, there’s not much to steal. I’m really sorry about what happened to you. Some people have no respect. 😦

Yes, I will do this from now on.

• 3 weeks later...

Might be so. I have changed my passwords everywhere. Is there any possibility of hacking my new passwords too ?

I read your post & very sorry for the bad news. Are you save your pass in browser?. You also mentioned that you are not add any paypal which also may a good reason for hack your money because hacker got it empty. Change your all pass with upper lower number or sign. Wish your best of luck.

I read your post & very sorry for the bad news. Are you save your pass in browser?. You also mentioned that you are not add any paypal which also may a good reason for hack your money because hacker got it empty. Change your all pass with upper lower number or sign. Wish your best of luck.

Yes, you got right. Hacker stole money with my empty scope. I have recovered my email and fiverr now. I put all possible securities here now. Hope it won’t happen again.

Thanks.

Guest phantompower

I have some question.
1.How the hacker get your fiverr password and your email address password?
2.When you change your paypal email, fiverr asks for the answer to a security question which only you know. How did the hacker know the answer?
3.Changing the email asks you to wait 24 hours before the change is effective, how often do you log in to your account?
4. When you check the linked paypal account is it yours?

The phantom solution.

1. Add 2 way verification to your email address, this will ensure that incase you are hacked the hacker will need you phone in order to receive the verification number.
  2. Get the app for the email provider you use gmail or outlook and get notified when something happens to your account.

• 4 months later...

I have some question.

2.When you change your paypal email, fiverr asks for the answer to a security question which only you know. How did the hacker know the answer?

3.Changing the email asks you to wait 24 hours before the change is effective, how often do you log in to your account?

The phantom solution.

1. Add 2 way verification to your email address, this will ensure that incase you are hacked the hacker will need you phone in order to receive the verification number.
  2. Get the app for the email provider you use gmail or outlook and get notified when something happens to your account.

and avoid usage of fiverr on public wifi.

I have some question.

The phantom solution.

1. I installed some patch file in my PC. The hacker soft installed in my PC in this way and get all my access info.
  2. Fiverr sent a mail verification and the hacker did it with my email.
  3. Actually I was in a short vacation for two days. And the hacker did it in this time.
  4. Actually I didn’t ever linked my paypal in my fiverr. And hacked linked his paypal and stolen money from my account.

Yes, I have added two steps verification of my email after this accident. And I activated the notification in my phone after this happened.

Thanks.

I was once worried about catching a malware in my pc. I bought a “cleaning pc” gig from one of the TRS and he did find a malware and removed it. I suggest you to find a good seller and spend some money to remove Spyware or malware from your system.

How can he make sure he is safe for me ?

I also had same question but then I decided to give a shot to a seller with 2 or 3 k positive reviews and I took a chance. Also they use team viewer to help us and you can monitor everything they do.

That’s cool! Could you please give me the gig url ?

Archived