Can Top Rated sellers escpae rules?

sam_74

One of my gigs (which was about writing articles) got denied recently. When I contacted customer support, I got to know that it happened because I offered a TripAdvisor review. I am okay with it because it did something wrong even though I was not aware of it.

Recently I discovered that a top rated seller has also offered a TripAdvisor review on Fiverr. That was visible because the seller has sent a screenshot for delivery and it was visible on the portfolio. I escalated the issue to Fiverr, but they didn’t take any action to deny the gig. Customer support said that they would look into it, but didn’t bother to reply my messages after that.

Why is it? Can Top Rated Sellers escape from rules?

All users of Fiverr must follow the same rules. No one gets to “escape the rules” in any way. Just because you might see someone else still getting away with breaking the rules, does not mean that you can too. Fiverr said that they are looking into it. If the other seller is breaking the rules, Fiverr will handle it.

Focus on your gigs. Follow the rules. And don’t worry about what other people are getting away with.

The TRS may have gotten away with their TripAdvisor review because it was already established before Fiverr started to crack down on these kinds of gigs. Since the crack down, any new gigs will be denied immediately. There are millions of gigs Fiverr has to go through to find those that are breaking TOS. Since you brought it to their attention, give it time. It’ll happen soon enough.

Also, they will not discuss with you what they do with another person’s account. Therefore, as suggested, concentrate on your own gigs and go from there. In time, Fiverr will eventually weed out any TOS-violating gigs.

In this case, they are not “giving changes” to top rated sellers. They just haven’t removed the other seller’s rule-offending gig yet. Like I said, don’t worry about other people. Follow the rules, build up and improve your own gigs, and let Fiverr handle the other users that aren’t following the rules.

Well, I got a similar situation. One seller who was level two (I am level one) just took my cover gig photo. I contacted Customer Support and explained the situation (I sent them the source file to proof that the design is mine) and they removed the gig. But 2 hours later they denied my gig and released hers with the explanation that I violated HER copyrights. I contacted them again but nothing changed. So now I have watermark to my gig cover… and she has my gig cover and uses it. I wonder like you - was that because she was higher level than me…

Yes, I did. “After review, we can confirm that your gig will remain denied.” That was the answer I got the second time I contacted them. Honestly I got over it. I made myself another gig with another cover. The only thing I regret is the client reviews I lost.

Did you sell the photo to that seller? Or where did you get the cover photo from? There seems to be more to that story.

When a gig is posted it often gets published without being reviewed by the editorial department. There are just too many gigs to handle these days. Sooner or later all gigs will go through some kind of review process. Gigs are often denied if they don’t comply with Fiverr’s TOS.

If you comply with Fiverr’s TOS you don’t have anything to worry about. As @jonbaas said just focus on your stuff and don’t worry too much about others.
Good luck!

It appears that your profile image is copied and is in use all over the web. That probably didn’t help you. The primary image on your main gig also appears to be taken from an off-Fiverr source and just has some text and your watermark added by you. Another of your gig images is also in use elsewhere. Something is off, here. Again, get your own house in order instead of looking at the neighbor’s problems.

Archived