Some bad habits of Buyers and how to avoid them as a professional Designer

divyagoel

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fiverr has been the only job I ever had where dealing with customers is a very big deal.

When I worked for advertising agencies, they kept me far away from clients, if I ever met a client it was the account people that did all the talking. At the most, I would be asked to read the radio commercial, maybe answer some questions about the creative, but no more than that.

Of course, here on Fiverr you can lose orders if you’re not friendly with people who message you.

Yes…i would like to add that be friendly while communicating with the buyer but act professionally…Buyers may not understand your professional terms so communicate them in a friendly way so that they can understand what you are asking for…i think buyers would appreciate your professionalism in a friendly manner…

I’d like to hear your thoughts on this situation I had with a buyer.
favicon.icoFiverr Forum http://forum.fiverr.com//images/default-apple-touch-icon.png

Why We (I) Hate Messages

This is an actual conversation, I'm publishing it verbatim: Hey, My name is Rick. We (my team and I) are an up and coming production company and even though we have all these amazing ideas of things we want to do, one thing we cannot figure out or...

Good article…I think that like in most aspects of life, communication is the key.,being as specific as possible in your gig description and gig requirements is important. I think there may be gigs where samples can be given. I give my prospective clients a free 15 second sample for my voiceover work to make sure my tone of voice can work for their project. I won’t, however do a sample of their entire gig…

In graphic design however, I understand it can be tough to give a sample without being taken advantage of by unscrupulous buyers. Maybe a low-resolution or something similar to a pencil sketch?

I wish you all well.

Andy

Yes…i agree…there are some gigs where sample can be given but I as a graphic designer don’t provide the sample work but whenever a buyer orders my gig i make sure that the buyer would get what he/she is looking for …
Providing pencil art for a design will not work at the same time as a sample because the designing is all about the color combinations, creativity and the graphic availability at the point of time when we design it…

Yes i agree that we can provide a low resolution image with the watermark on it but then it may happen that buyer will just get an idea of the design and he/she will get it done by someone else…in the same way we loss our idea of some unique design…But as i said create your own rules and do what you think is right…some designer do provide samples and it is working for them.

First of all this post and every one’s comments is really helpful. I just ordered my first Fiverr purchase and it was a disaster. The information here is actually giving me more insight on what I should do as a buyer. My purchase had poor communication from the seller and she clearly did not do the graphics in her “gigs.” Not sure if my attachment came through, but I could have done my postcard myself on vista print. Is there any way to turn someone in for being being a fake seller?

Thank you for appreciations…I don’t think there is any exact way to identify a fake seller…but as i said before…you can get an idea about the seller by your communication with her…If your communication was not so good with her then obviously it is must be a disaster…take the insight out about the design from the seller…then you may come to know that you must go for the order or not… Have a good time 🙂

Archived