Report Spam

So get this. I respond back that I don’t do business outside of Fiverr and immediately get hit with another e-mail:

“Hi, I found your service and would like to get more details about it. Please let me know your availability. for a chance to discuss an important issue? & we can share great experiences together, we have lots to discuss! E-mail: (whatever)
Thank you.”

So also look out for username abyelian.

Never ascribe to malice what you can to greed and stupidity. In the case of spam, it’s usually a harmonious combo of both. Another tictac you can use is to mention your special $100 consultation service before moving on, detailing how you can help them not be such a loser.

Oddly enough, never a taker for that. Wonder why.

Thanks to everyone for the info, I’m fairly new as a seller and didn’t realise there is the report button to use!

I also got this a few days ago. I tried to respond in Fiverr to the person mentioning to them the Fiverr TOS as I was concerned that it may affect my response rate if I don’t respond. However this person didn’t exist anymore on Fiverr only a few hours after receiving the message. I therefore submitted a ticket to Fiverr support and was told that it wouldn’t affect my response time ratings as long as I report these type of messages.

As it was my first time contacting Fiverr helpdesk, I was very impressed with the quick and professional response. I’m also happy that the same username is not on Fiverr anymore.

I’m not too concerned that Fiverr doesn’t warn all about this as they will be busy policing all day long. Any system can be open to this kind of thing, unfortunately.

Hi, I found your service and would like to get more details about it. Please let me know your availability. for a chance to discuss an important issue? & we can share great experiences together, we have lots to discuss! E-mail:
Thank you."

I was like which service HAHHAHA

Lmao! I only completed one order, the order day I opened fiverr and saw message in my inbox I was happy while expecting another order but who on earth knew this happiness gonna be volatile. All of sudden I saw message from one of Fiverr user who claimed to have projects and asked me to contact via e-mail. Within no time I just clicked Spam Report so as to avoid any future’s inconvenience.

Lol. A friend of mine also got similar thing few months ago. He even noted the email and replied him from a new mail address, not from fiverr email. Scammer replied with a massive message. The summary of his statement is
" Hi, Thanks for replying me at address I sent you at dating site (lol Fiverr? dating site? :D). I have a cash of 15 brillion USD insecure. We are facing air raids daily. I hardly survived deadly attacks. I don’t know if I will be alive to reply your mail. I want to transfer this money to your account to make it safer. Then I will come to your country and invest the money. You will get 20% of the whole amount."
My friend replied “Haha, funny. How you came to know that I’m trusted person? Actually I’m a bank robber. I stole a lot of money from banks lol. I will steal your money also. So just stay away and find someone else. Just convert it to bitcoins to lessen the mass” lol 😃

Yeah, I’m sorry. That was brought to my attention after I posted this. I’m new, it’s only my fourth day on Fiverr. I didn’t notice that in the forum rules (or that’s what they meant) and I just didn’t want people getting into trouble over a spam message. Malware is awful. But yes, I will be sure to be more careful how I post this information in the future. It’s not letting me edit it, to take the username down.

Archived