Should you buy from sellers without any previous sales or ratings?

threedstunt

Answer to the question is not a definite Yes or No, but rather with another question: why would you want to buy from a sellers with no sale or feedback when there’s so many top rated sellers and sellers with awesome ratings around?

And that answer is simple, because its very difficult for zero rated sellers to get any sales, and they would do all types of things to get their first sale, if you were the first to get it he might actually go way above and beyond to complete your order in comparison to the same type of seller selling similar type of gig who have more ratings, and you’ll ended up buying a product that’s much more worthy of its price.

If you consider all the top rated sellers have had zero rated at some point, what you find might just be the next top seller who will offer you much better service right now.

but I’m not saying you should buy from any sellers with zero ratings, there are risks involved, the important point to look out for is how serious the zero rated seller is intended to do their gigs in fiver, some have the mentality that they are just here to give it a try and see if they can earn a few buck, others are really determined to make a difference, as with all things the greater the risk also greater the return, but it’ll be the buyer’s job to assess those risks to make the best decision.

So what are some specific hints you can look for when you dealing with a new seller? First you should look at their start date, when did they started in Fiver, you can see this on their profile page next to their avatar, if they started recently, its only natural that they have zero sale, and you can be more confident about buying their gig, but if they have started 6 months or a year ago and still have zero sale, then you should raise your flag, Next thing of course is how professionally their gigs are presented, ask yourself, just based on how the gig’s presentations are, if the seller have more reviews, not zero, will you be more likely to buy this gig? if you are, then having no reviews at all might be all the better because that will just raising your odds on getting much more than what you are paid for, and you might have found a gem in fiver.

I hope this gave you a fresh perspective to look at this matter so that next time when you come across a seller with zero feedback or ratings you can make a better judgement on whether you should buy from him/her or not.

Feel free to comment whether you agreed or disagreed with me.

Edit:

Now I know Most of you would agreed that We should give newbies a chance, I’ll try to update this post when I find additional information on these following topics:

1. what are the reasons you think we should give newbies a chance, and why? what are the benefits of purchasing from newbie sellers as opposed to older sellers? we knew there are tons of benefits purchasing from older sellers, but for the sake of this thread, what do you think Newbies offer while older sellers typically do not?

2. What are some specific things you’re looking for when you make decisions purchasing from newbie sellers, and what can a newbie seller do to increase their odds on winning your buy?

3. Can you share some of your experience having a business with a newbie buyer?(thank you so much for those who have shared!).

its always secure to make your work done from the well rated ones because in that way you can feel some secure…but still,i think you should try newbies too because beginners are more dedicated…so before making deal you should have a well conversation with sellers i think… 🙂

I completely agreed, if no work sample is provided, I would not take the risk either, but if the seller’s gig is well presented, looks professional, then I think we should not prejudice their ability based on having zero sales.

sometimes there are newbie sellers that provide unique gigs or fresh new ideas that no one else is providing, but have no rating zero sales, if that seller have ratings you know you’ll buy it, but since he have none what would you guys do? for me in this case I think would be worth a try.

But then again if the gig is badly presented, description is brief or poor, with zero rating and zero sales, I wouldn’t bother.

It all started with zero ratings & no feedback’s before they become top rated, level 2 & level 1. There are risk yes but it will be the best day for newbies to get its very first order. I think, contacting them first will be the best way before ordering so you will know if this person is really eager & sincere.

BTW, I do Blogger & Weebly Websites… ;😉

Reply to @debbie_ph: Agreed, I actually got my first order not long ago so I’m a newbie and we all know how that feels like its just awesome 😃 And I think for those who have no reviews at all, especially there are those that are professionals themselves have tons potentials on becoming a great fiver, deserves to get a better chance.

Newbies all need a place to start from, and giving them a chance could turn you into a loyal customer. We all have up to three images we could upload. Newbies should be sure to have samples of their work there and in their gig video.

All of us started from the bottom on Fiverr 🙂

Guest mrspanda

I did something about two months ago where I bought 6 random gigs from users all under level 1.

4 of them were amazing with over delivery.

1 was meh… not worth $5 but fine. I’ll accept it.

Last one really got me a little upset. I wanted a haiku for my husband and I was delivered… I don’t know… Like a long, run on sentence with a bunch of typos and usage of ‘lyk’ and ‘u’. I didn’t even bother asking for a revision because I could tell he put no thought into it.

But, overall, new sellers tend to overdeliver.

Guest celticmoon

Hi, I’m a newbie here myself & have made a number of sales. I think what helped my 1st customer “take the plunge” was my description, as well as samples (in my case, photos of the items I sell). My initial write-up was pretty short but then I thought, when I buy stuff online I usually read the description pretty carefully to be sure about what I’m ordering. I went back & edited my descriptions with more details & that’s when I started getting orders. So if you’re selling a video, say something about the quality of the equipment used, the background location(s), any choices the customer has, the qualifications of the person being filmed doing the gig, etc. In my case I listed the materials used, the size,how to clean the items, that I ship them via USPS First Class & other stuff. Some gig descriptions here are very, very thin! Remember that your customer can’t read your thoughts, just how you write up & present your gig!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

After spending a whole day looking for someone to do some tasks, I can honestly say I skipped over people with 0 sales and 0 reviews ONLY if they didn’t have any examples or links to a portfolio.

Sellers need to place themselves in buyers shoes.

I was looking for graphic work and powerpoint stuff today and 3 or 4 people stood out from the crowd just because they had a portfolio.

I hired a programmer a few months back that provided me with some example code.

Anyway, these are my opinions, feel free to disagree but this is how I shop on Fiverr

Take care

Danny

I recently ordered a gig for graphics. I browsed through the TRS profiles and though they were mostly AMAZING, there was a brand new seller whose work just fit what I needed. Not only did they do great work, they delivered on time and they were really great with there customer service and attitude. I ordered the work and when I saw the results, I ordered 2 more gigs from them. I also took into consideration that when I started, someone took a chance on me. I do agree with Bachas85, ask for samples. Talking with them before you order may also give you a better understanding of their abilities and customer service.

Guest angelofsin

I feel I kind of hurt myself because I had been inactive for a few months… I had a gig that I had gotten a few buyers in but because of my activeness when the site switched over my gigs were deleted and I had to start all over. Now it basically looks like I have been on here for 6 months but haven’t done anything (and it is right of people to look at this as a bad thing). I was inactive due to family reasons, BUT it still isn’t an good reason if someone had bought my gig and I wasn’t around to do it… (Thankfully that wasn’t the case)… I’d like to be able to prove myself on here and am a pretty big perfectionist no matter what, but it is really hard to complete with some of the top salers in my field even though I feel mine is far different then the va job… I feel I am getting a better start NOW then I did when I first started, because when I first started I was far more desperate because of money issues and thus it effected my work because the stuff I provide I due mostly for fun (when you are stressed it isn’t any fun and thus it shows in your work).

My recommendation for anyone reading this is always do what you love, not just put something up because you want money… because it will show in your work no matter who you are. I also would say to make sure you provide samples and clear indication of what you will do and want do.

Guest edimphotography

Hello I do graphic design and professional photo editing I don’t have any sales for now I only have 1 person that contacted me I hope that person becomes my first customer and the way that I’ve sorted out this problem is that I sent them a good mock-up plan test image so they can see what they can expect from their request and of course on that test image there is a watermark so no one can use it without purchasing I hope this gives some one an idea how to approach a new seller and of course if you ever need anything my gig is open and there will be new ones soon to make it easier to navigate and find just what you want.

Thanks for reading ^^

Archived