New Forum Category

I see so many dissatisfied buyers an sellers here, and it can be a little depressing.

I see there is a category called “The Ranting Pot”…

How about adding a category called “the Praise Pot”… or… “The Compliments Pot”?

Usually I see positive stuff like that in Fiverr Stories. Occasionally a negative story ends up there and it depends on who is moderating if it stays or not, but it’s not typical. One concern I would have about a category specifically for compliments or praise is that it would quickly become a second version of My Fiverr Gigs. I think many people would get their buddies (or an prohibited second account) to post glowing reports about them, which is unfortunate but likely. It happens in the comments of My Fiverr Gigs all the time.

The ranting pot is an interesting category and sometimes a learning experience, but I can say that moving misplaced rants into the Ranting Pot is a pleasure. Especially after spending an hour deleting spam which is less pleasurable since many of the violators never come back to see that their spam failed!

If people really wanted to they could always post praises in My Fiverr Gigs - after all the buyer takes a part in the gig. When I’ve seen posts with praises that aren’t quite a fit for elsewhere, I move it to MFG. That way it doesn’t matter how it got there, but it says something positive where links and usernames are a part of the category and the OP can even link to the gig. I’ll give that some thought, maybe it would be a good tip for buyers to let them know that they are welcome to post their praises of specific sellers or gigs in that category alongside regular ads. It would liven up the dusty Gigs category!

I heard about one seller a couple of years ago who used to offer a discount on the next purchase to buyers who did post a My Fiverr Gigs forum message saying how much they liked the gig. I don’t see any reason that breaks any rules (someone feel free to correct me if they think it does) since it’s no different from offering a discount to any repeat buyer. The only problem it caused was that the seller who offered it had a very large following already and a large number of forum posts had to be checked for authenticity.

They turned out real and he realized that he needed to make the offer only in PM’s to actual buyers and not on every single one. It did bring him more traffic from what I recall and I do know he still has a strong sales record. (I won’t mention his username since I don’t think it would be appropriate for me to do so.) If other people did it and it became a problem, we’d just have to re-evaluate. Interesting idea.

Archived