The Philosophy of My Life - 5 Quotes That Keep Me Going

writer99025

(From the Bhagwad Gita)

You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of work. You should never engage in action for the sake of reward, nor should you long for inaction.

Those who are motivated only by desire for the fruits of action are miserable, for they are constantly anxious about the results of what they do.

Actions do not cling to me because I’m not attached to their results. Those who understand this and practice it live in freedom.

What have you lost that you cry for? What did you bring, that you have lost? What did you create that was destroyed? What you have taken has been from here, what you gave has been given here. What belongs to you today belonged to someone yesterday and will be someone else’s tomorrow. Change is the law of the universe.

When you move amidst the world of sense, free from attachment and aversion alike, there comes the peace in which all sorrows end, and you live in the wisdom of the Self.

I like the topic. I have many fav quotations, and here are some of them:

˝Wherever you, go with all your heart˝.

˝Some things just fill your heart without trying.˝ For example: dogs 🙂

˝What you think you become. What you feel you attract. What you imagine you create˝.

˝Follow your heart but take the brain with you˝.

˝Rule your mind or it will rule you˝.

˝I´m not a dog owner, to my dogs, I´m their mother˝.

Mines simply that your not done until your dead. I’m not really a quote person though. I’m more driven by my love of indulging in guilty pleasures once I’m happy enough with my day or weeks earning total. Also, it’s not unreasonable to suppose that a few of my guilty pleasures might actually kill me one day, so suppose my quote works.

Archived