My Story

rdutta2007

Hi everyone.

Browsing through all the Fiverr success stories, I felt I too should share mine.
Although my story is not quite a “success story” per se yet. Still, I believe I am on the way.

About a year and a half ago, I lost my job due to downsizing. My wife was working at a local school and what she earned was just enough not to make us homeless for the time being.

After struggling with the frustration of not finding a suitable job, a bout of alcoholism, bills piling up and all savings finally depleted, there came a point when I was at my lowest. There were days when I didn’t have enough money for gas and I had to walk.

And then, when I found that I am simply not getting a job, I started looking at other means of income.

I analyzed what are the things I am good at. I had a Masters in English, and a diploma in Creative Writing. 10 years in a corporate environment had made me an expert in data analysis, spreadsheets, presentations and other such stuff. I also had a knack for designing. I had taken a Photoshop course a few years back.

So, armed with these “skills” I set out to scourge the Internet for something I could cling on to.
And to be honest, at first I was disappointed. All I found were stupid sites where they would pay you for clicking ads or taking up surveys. And the other freelancer sites were either too complicated or not so trustworthy.

3 months passed, and I had earned around 20$ clicking ads & taking surveys!!!

I had almost given up when I suddenly came upon Fiverr. It would be a cliche, but I want to say it “It changed my life!!!”

I started my first gig. Designing 20 motivational picture quotes for 5$; delivery in 24 hours. I put in an extra, for 5$ more you can have the Photoshop source files.

And I waited. 2 days passed, then a week. I forgot all about it and went back to my ads and surveys.

And then, out of the blue, I got an email. I had an order!!!
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that I was ecstatic!!!

I quickly finished the job. And the buyer tipped 5$ as well!!!

And after that, I was hooked to Fiverr. I created a two more gigs. One on article writing and the other related to proofreading.

And I got 4 more orders in 2 days.

Today, I am a Level 1 seller and on my way to become Level 2.

I don’t know if there are any tips I can give. But, all I want to say is that be persistent. Adhere to the timelines. And always provide a little extra something. It will make the buyer come back to you.

Thanks for reading this and good luck…

• 3 weeks later...

Archived