Conversation before custom offer, do you like it?

miacmht

So I wanted a custom song. More accurately, I have a Japanese song that’s translated into English already. But the translation just translates the meaning and doesn’t follow the music, it’s not an actual lyrics that I can sing.

And I needed someone to rewrite the translation into a real lyrics, following the original Japanese melody.

I sent messages for some sellers who offer song writing, asking if they could do it. As you can see this isn’t a usual request and so it won’t be in their gig description. Yet I believe anyone who know English and music could do this, I just tried to find a suitable seller.

One of them sent me a $70 offer without any explanation, I haven’t even sent him the song yet. I rejected it in a huff. Even if it’s $7 I’ll reject it. The price isn’t the only problem but the lack of communication is.

This will be acceptable if I already send him the song, the translation, everything I have for the project, and ask “how much”. I was only asking “if you could do it?”

As a seller, do you just send out custom offer without saying anything? I have never done so.

As a buyer I think it’s disrespectful. At least answer that it’s something you can do, and only send the offer once you actually understand the project.

Archived