What could I do to balance time and money for my gig?

flatpp

Hello, I have a PowerPoint gig which can take up lots and lots of time. There is a lot involved to make a PowerPoint with pictures, elements, music, text, graphs and so much more.

Litreally, a $5 job can take 8-10 hours sometimes and I feel it’s not even worth it in the end… I see a lot of sellers on here who can work for 5-25 minutes and have it done and dusted!

But I don’t want to be spending 8-10 hours on a $5 job. It’s tiring and I’m not sure if it should be worth my time. However, I don’t know how to balance time and money. What could I add as a gig extra or charge more for certain things?

Personally I don’t bother what the competition is doing. That keeps you focused on your own thing. I once had a customer who said that others were cheaper. I replied that this is probably the reason why they flipping burgers and I don’t. So I have more time to focus on quality. He hired me btw.

Good Lord, is your time and life so cheap that you’ll squander away hours for someone else’s PPT–that could make them thousands of dollars in the long run?

Raise your prices, stat. No more bells and whistles without extras. You answer your own question and now you have confirmation. You’re ripping yourself off. Don’t do that.

Archived