Can I work on Hourly basis for my Client here?

auraiyaits

There are no options. I suggest settling on an agreed hourly rate then sending a custom order for a block of “hours”. So if your hourly rate is $10, send a block of five hours for $50. Explain this to your buyer and they should be fine with it. Start off with a small block like five hours, then if this is to be a long term project, after you’ve built trust and shown the buyer that you’re great at your job, build it up to bigger blocks (20, 30, whatever) to save your buyer time.

Be warned, however, that you won’t have much protection if your buyer comes back to bite you on the ooh la la and say “you didn’t give me 5 hours worth of work, do xyz or I’ll give you a poor review”. There are other platforms that offer time-tracking software that will solve such a dispute for you.

I wouldn’t do it, myself.

I agree. Avoid this kind of request. Totally not worth your time. If the client wants to hire you on an hourly basis, he/she might as well as hiring you as his/her contract worker, not as a freelancer. Of course you can always agree to negotiate outside Fiverr but the ending is predictable: you won’t get protection from clients defaulting on payment.

Im a buyer who currently has a ‘long term’ agreement in place with a seller on here. What she does is just custom orders a block totaling the amount we’ve agreed on. At the moment she does work for me daily. If you can work out a good deal that benefits both sides it makes it easier for the seller (to continue to work with others) and easier for you to palm off the stuff you wish to.

Archived