Let buyers purchase as 'GUEST' without having to create a profile, this will create mad revenue

So many successful e-commerce sites don’t make you create a profile just to use or purchase their products or services. Of course it’s nice to build that network and membership/customer base, however, I think you restrict a highly potential stream of income by making that a MUST.

I understand this may create just a bit more fraud and it’s nice to have VERIFIED buyers, however, as long as the purchase info is correct and the developers create/use the best security software/servers, this shouldn’t be a problem and could possibly create a huge increase in buyers/purchases.

I order from many MAJOR online retailers without creating a profile or membership and I like it that way. I have other I am a member of and don’t need to be a member of everyone’s site/store. Some people don’t want the emails, some don’t want more than just that one thing but also don’t want to have to go through all of it just to make a purchase.

So…when ordering, they can sign-in or sign-up, or…have the option to proceed through the checkout as a GUEST.

Do it… 🙂

DTong (TRS)

Although, this sounds great on the surface, it does have its drawbacks. Some buyers will abuse the system and since they don’t have an account and there is currently no way to block a user, a buyer can continually harass a seller to try to ‘bully’ him/her into providing a service. It happens when such buyers have accounts, and they even go so far as to create more than one account to do so, imagine the chaos if they have free reign. User accounts, create accountability which is preferable.

If Fiverr decided to do this, I would want an option toggle for sellers. Like the Live Portfolio and Vacation Mode toggles, I’d want to be able to switch it to “will accept guest orders” or not. I can see the value in it for some sellers, but personally I’d rather stick with buyers that have profiles so that’s why I think it should be optional.

Or, better yet, just give us a way to enable (or disable) an “accept” button for every single order whether the buyer has an account or not and then we can refuse any order we don’t want.

While I’m on this topic I’m going to say to Fiverr again here that I am really against features that are added without asking and I want features that are opt-in, not opt-out. I’m already against the new modification feature they are working on because while I like the features, to my understanding there will be no way to remove it.

I think if this was every to become a thing, the seller should definitely have the option as to whether or not you want to accept orders off unregistered users. As sellers we survive off of our feedback, and that’d totally get abused, either by competitors or just generally unhappy people.

Reply to @londonpros: If purchased as ‘Guest’, wouldn’t get the option to rate. However, I suppose this would make delivery a bit complicated and outside contact would be needed. Probably not going to happen based on their current terms and conditions, but missing out on a lot of revenue by keeping it 'members only. IMO

Reply to @belengarcia: Would be a complicated process and provide more headaches/issues for support for sure, however, more money more problems…lol.

It’s not like they will implement this, but they are definitely missing out on a lot of revenue by requiring a sign-in/sign-up just buy a service/product.

The only thing I can think of is assigning them a GUEST ID for things like that, and then they can have the option to become a part of Fiverr and change it, or just make one purchase and that’s all. I’m curious what the percentage is of people who come here, sign-up, make one purchase, and never heard from again or not for a year or more later… it definitely helps Fiverr sell more sponsorships/IPO’s by having that ‘membership base’ number, but eventually this will become an option, it just make take a year or two.

Archived