Communication is KEY to a Successful Order!

edume

After more than four years on fiverr and as a Top Seller, communication is key no matter what you are doing for both buyer and seller. Our company has been in the broadcast media business for 27 years and during that time we always evaluate ourselves and how we deal with people in general. Ok, the world has changed, that’s a given. But, attitudes are worse than five years ago. Why is that? Well, there is chaos in the world created by leaders who don’t know how to run a business! Yes, running a country is exactly like running a business. Politicians in effect are all lawyers and have no clue about running a business. Of course, that’s another story. My point is that we all need to give and take when buying or selling. Be friendly, be positive, smile when you write a message! We have said for years, if you believe, it shall become! Forget thinking negative, positivity is the only thing that will get you through the day.

If you are a seller, a successful order starts with a confirmation of that order to simply say hello and thank you for ordering. In return the buyer will appreciate your first communication. If there is a problem with the order, maybe the buyer didn’t pay the correct amount and you have ask for more. So, have a little fun like - Ooooops! we see that your order is missing a few gigs! - Then kindly explain to the buyer why it will cost extra. Guaranteed the buyer will understand and pay the different.

These days going directly to a sales pitch to buy your gig will not help you as much as providing an explanation of what you can do for the buyer and why the buyer should take action to buy from you. Ok, some buyers just want something cheap and unless you compete, just let it go! More will come.

Anyhow, it’s becoming long. This is part of what we do for communication and hopefully you can do the same.

I agree on all your points and those are just the types of things I do. I think being a successful communicator is right up there with delivering excellent work, when it comes to getting gigs and rising in the ranks here at Fiverr.

Like you, I always confirm my orders by saying hello and thanks for your order, and telling the buyer I will have it completed within my stated deadline. That way they know I’ve received it and they feel assured that it will get done.

Great post!

I love your explaination. I met many seller just because they have rating and review they have this bloody attitude problem. Fiverr used to be okay back then since custom offer and stuff slowly its getting bad to worse.

"Then kindly explain to the buyer why it will cost extra. Guaranteed the buyer will understand and pay the different "
I agreed, but sometimes you can help the customer to include in the cost because they will return to you in the near future, if everything need additional cost, yes when they have option they will find alternative.

Or you can state that this order i will include and for future order i need to add extra gigs. I certainly love that seller. For seller you can try to give an FAQs rather than show attitude problem to buyer.

• 2 weeks later...

Yup I agree communication is key! I had my first order recently and had the best experience. My buyer knew what he wanted from the beginning and we messaged back and forth a couple of times and the project turned out phenomenal. I was able to do exactly what he wanted and he was very happy. 😃

ServicesNow

ServicesNow

Archived