Netflix Scam or not?

mic300

i ordered a life time subscription of Netflix logged in once and can’t again , tried contact seller but I’m blocked from making contact

Sent email this morning got a reply now I seem to be blocked .

Has any one had this experience ? Is this a scam ?

None of the sellers have been around very long

Ask for a cancellation if you can.

Yes, this was a scam. Even if the buyer somehow managed to get his hands on a (obviously, non-existent) lifelong membership to Netflix, a subscription is only available on a limited number of devices (I think it’s three).

Who in their right mind would pay $7.99 a month for Netflix and share it with random people for only $5?

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it generally always is. 😉

That one sounds pretty obvious to me too. Maybe someone shared their own Netflix acccount with you temporarily to get your five bucks and then cut you off. I’ve never heard of a lifetime subscription to Netflix either.

There are many sellers on Fiverr who are not scammers, both ones who are new and ones who have been here for years. The one you encountered is unfortunately not one of the good ones. Definitely contact Customer Support as others mentioned.

(From online resources)

It’s not a scam in the normal sense. They aren’t scamming you. Instead, they are scamming Netflix and Hulu Plus. How this “scam” is perpetrated, is simple. They use stolen credit cards, to purchase these gift certificates, which they then sell to you. The credit cards cost about $1-$2 each and can be used a few times, if they are lucky. If the balance is too low, they purchase lower time certificates.

Lifetime NetFlix Scam and Lifetime Hulu Plus Scam

Emsisfot is the highest rated anti-malware solution

Strongest Anti-Malware on the market

There is a new scam going around, which is the Lifetime Scam. This one is one of the best ones, in terms of ideas. On average, when you purchase an item with your credit card, you get 1 year to make a chargeback. On some cards, that goes up to 2 years. So as long as they provide you a new account, every month, for 2 years, they get to keep the money. Or… if they are smart, they are rotating accounts and draining them quickly with PayPal. In any case, this is a scam in the same way as above. Instead of a 1 year certificate, they purchase 1 month certificates. Then they give you access to the account listings. As soon as they hit about 3-4 users, they hide the account. The best thing about this – in their eyes, is they are paying $1-$2 for a stolen credit card info, and then getting back around $100 per account.

So who does this hurt? Not you – other then it’s morally wrong. Not them – they make the money. Not the guy whose card was stolen – Credit Cards will refund the monies. It hurts Hulu Plus and it hurts Netflix – They provide service you haven’t paid for.

Note: Stolen Credit Cards are often called Black Cards, as in Black Market. These cards can also be used in games, such as World of Warcraft, Rift, Secret World, and other popular games for various functions.

netflix-scam

I wish I could say that was the only way to scam. There is one final one, and I actually find it funny in a sick and twisted way. It’s the actual subscription which they send via US mail. Someone will steal an unactivated card, take a picture of it (or maybe a video), and then mail it to the person, charging the person outlandish mailing fees, while collecting proof they mailed it, and that it was received. Imagine a Hulu Plus 3 year card, being sold. Value, around $300. Sells for $180. Deal Right? Nope the card is worthless because it hasn’t been activated. But… the person signed for it, and scratched the code off. This goes to who-ever a credit card company or ebay, and they determine in the view of the seller, since all necessary proof was collected.

Now, if someone does pull this scam, what you need to do, besides fight it, is go talk to the local postmaster. This one actually constitutes mail fraud, which is a Federal Offense if caught, which in turn means Federal Prison – not a nice one, but it’s going to happen.

Archived