My #1 Tip To You For Success On Fiverr

maxthemarketer

• 2 weeks later...

Reply to @arnevb: Thank you very much for your question!

The way I see it, a gig description should begin with a BENEFIT in the first sentence since the first sentence of your gig description will be seen in the search results when your gig appear there.

For example, in my amazon review-gig the first text you will see in the search results is, “I can get your eBook higher ranked up in search…” which is one important benefit my gig offers.

After that you can write exactly what you will do and not do in your gig. If I was able to use more words in my gig description I would have made it more detailed what the gig can and cannot do for the buyer so he or she does not order in vain.

I will soon upload videos to my gigs where I will be more personal by showing my face, letting people hear my voice and just recognize that I am an average human being who is down to earth and who has something great to offer to them (the gig).

In your videos, I think you can “show off” your personality more as people will be able to see and hear you (if you film yourself that is) which is great as people like to see that they are dealing with real human beings and not some text and a (fake?) picture on a website.

I hope that answered your question! ^^,

Take Care & Have An Awesome Day! / Max “MaxTheMarketer” K.

Guest sarah_harvey

Excellent advice.

However, there is an issue where some buyers actually demand more than you can give or offer even if you are very specific in your details. Then they -might- leave negative feedback just because you could not do what they wanted to. I have seen it happen countless of times. Actually I just had a great idea: It would be nice for buyers not to be able to leave feedback if they haven’t a) Responded to anything you have sent them. And b) Only bothered to reply very close to the due date, where as an example you set a date of 5 days in which the gig is completed, so if someone only gives you the information on day 4 or day 3, then you have every right to request that they cannot leave feedback.

Reply to @sarah_harvey: Hello there Sarah! Thank you very much for your input here. ^^,

I completely understand your concerns. I have also been wondering whether someone would eventually show up, order a gig, demand more than can be delivered and then leave a negative feedback (almost as if the person was trolling me).

However, just as massmedia is not really giving the whole story about the world, neither is one fears; I have only two negative reviews so far of 482 completed gigs. These two negative reviews are also mistakes from my part:

I did not cancel one gig where the buyer had not sent me the file and I delivered nothing in the hope that they would still send me the file (in order to keep the order open somehow) but then the buyer leaved negative review because she did not receive anything from me but she also saw that she had not been notified about my messages sent to her.

Technology can fail us sometimes but then we just move on with new lessons learned. From now on, if I do not get the needed files for my gig, I will request mutual cancellation if the buyer have not replied to my messages a few hours before the gig is about to be considered “VERY LATE” and the buyer can cancel the order.

This saves me from negative reviews (although my seller level suffers) AND it gives the buyer a 100 % refund which he or she deserves if she/he did not receive anything from me. You should NEVER have to pay for something where you receive nothing in return, make sense?! 😜

In conclusion, the majority of people you work with are GOOD PEOPLE and they do not want to troll you or something. If you are being HONEST with them right off the bat, they will not be able to “find out later on that you could not do what they thought you could” since you will be telling them straight away that, “this is what I can do for you and that I cannot”.

Be brutally honest about your skills regarding every gig with every buyer and you will probably NEVER have to face a “difficult” buyer! 😉

Take Care & Have An Awesome Day! / Max “MaxTheMarketer” K.

Archived