Fiverr Can Be Used Alongside Your Primary Business

rthrasher

I just read an article about a company that has a great deal of success, but made a comment that Fiverr wants you to use social media, but they don’t because it would kill there main business. I wholeheartedly disagree with this philosophy. I used Fiverr in the past and was turned back on to it by my son when he explained the new features and shoppers in the site. So, I reconnected and I am very impressed with the new portal. I am not a power seller, as I have just began using it again, but I am confident I will use it in a way where it can go right alongside with my primary business plan.

First, if you take all the work you do for say $30 per hour, but you break it down in to twelve five minute tasks, then you have $60 per hour. So, for the average guy or gal who makes $20 or so at their place of work, and they want to be an entrepreneur, $40 an hour gets them financial freedom from their employer. If you get good enough and get to $60 an hour, and say you gather 30 hours worth of gigs per week, you would reach $96,000 per year, unless you want some time off. But at 30 hours a week, you might not need any time off.

Of course, as you reach that amount per hour, you can now eliminate gigs that take more time and make your day more efficient. I think Fiverr is geared toward the entrepreneur wanna-be with a great talent that can be broken into smaller tasks. Also, if you do many “plugin” tasks you can become more efficient and make more per hour. These follow-on tasks can be something like if you offer to write about a business and post it into FaceBook, you can then offer a follow-on task that posts the same content to a few more social media sources. Then offer to read the content into a podcast and post it on iTunes, etc.

If you are well established business, with a waiting list of customers who charges $100 an hour, then Fiverr could still ct as a way to drive people toward the bigger purchase. Maybe a lawyer who gets paid $300 an hour, but has openings for more clients, also known as a lack of billable hours, offers a template legal document for $5. Maybe then he offers a different legal template for $5, and another, then converts the Fiverr buyer to a paying a retainer to retain the lawyer at his full rate.

I think any creative company can use both Fiverr as well as their main business, or work talent, to work together. That said, I have no doubt that there are some businesses whose business plan maybe can’t work in coordination with Fiverr, but I can’t think of one offhand. My gigs include adding you into Google Business, content creation, custom review pages, and more gigs to drive traffic to your website. 🙂

This is a very interesting post. Personally, I have an external website/blog, a Facebook business page and a FB group for entrepreneurs to post their ads and gigs. Right now I use all mine to direct traffic back toward Fiverr or other sites where I do work.

How would you suggest getting the information out to a gig buyer that might be interested in your larger services, but without violating Fiverr Terms of Service regarding contact info? Thanks again for a good read.

Maddie “FontHaunt”

Personally, I see Fiverr as more as a place for talented freelancers to offer their skills to those than need those skills, and to do so with high quality end results. You can certainly use the site services to try and make as much income as quickly and efficiently as possible – if that’s your thing, but a more effective avenue is to take the necessary time with gig production, and do the project well.

I use Fiverr as ONE of my sources of income, and I use it as a place to offer my unique professionally-trained skills to others. I do not focus on trying to get as many gigs completed as possible, as fast as possible. I take my time. I go above and beyond to make the buyer’s experience a rewarding one – far more rewarding than they might expect.

In fact, I actually spend as many HOURS per gig as are necessary to complete the job at this level. It is better to create a happy client that will come back to you as their artist/designer a second or third time, then to push out as many rapid-fire gigs as is necessary to equal what your work might translate into on a per-hour basis.

Fiverr isn’t about mathematical calculations – it’s about being a place where customers can obtain high quality work from talented individuals, who are happy meet those client needs WITHOUT the issue of per-hour charging getting in the way.

Offer gigs based upon what you have the talent to do. Do the gig work to the best of your listed ability, and exceed the listed terms of your gig whenever possible. Make Fiverr about the work, not the desire for rapid-fire income, and you’ll go a lot further on the site than you might expect.

Archived