Buyer is not responding, what should i do?

maheennadeem814

Hi everyone,

I'm feeling a bit stressed because a client contacted me for social media work, specifically uploading content videos to their Instagram page. To do this, I need a login code from them.

I tried to log in using their provided code, but it didn't work. After a few hours, they asked me to contact them on WhatsApp to let them know I needed the code which is strange and not allowed.

It's been almost four days, and they haven't responded even though they're online daily. I'm worried about what to do. It seems like they're seeing my messages but ignoring them.

Any advice on how to handle this situation would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 8

If you think you might need it you could use the option to request delivery extension, which might get automatically accepted after a few days if the buyer doesn't respond to it. Though if the buyer intentionally isn't responding to messages maybe they don't want the order/it might end up getting cancelled.

If you haven't explained to them that all contact has to be on Fiverr because of Fiverr rules you could do that.

If it wasn't logging in you could check you were entering it in the right case (though I assume you were, the buyer probably made a mistake).

If you've messaged them on the order page but not the inbox maybe try sending a message in the inbox in case they're not seeing the ones on the order page. Though don't ask for any account stuff there due to rules.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, uk1000 said:

If you think you might need it you could use the option to request delivery extension, which might get automatically accepted after a few days if the buyer doesn't respond to it. Though if the buyer intentionally isn't responding to messages maybe they don't want the order/it might end up getting cancelled.

I have already requested an extension, and it was automatically accepted. However, the deadline is tomorrow again, and I'm puzzled why there has been no response, as it is just an upload task with little work.

If you haven't explained to them that all contact has to be on Fiverr because of Fiverr rules you could do that.

image.jpeg.8541431c2d1eb113f2809abcb27eac62.jpeg

If you've messaged them on the order page but not the inbox maybe try sending a message in the inbox in case they're not seeing the ones on the order page. Though don't ask for any account stuff there due to rules.

I did- both in the inbox and order panel. Here is another screenshot. Thank you for the guidance, it means a lot. 

image.jpeg.ee8d46ed1e62dff56e5fd2d928de6558.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Up 1

So is the code he sent you (the approx 13 digit one) a 2 factor authentication code? (perpleixty.ai thinks it could be).

Are there other ways that it's better done by?

perplexity.ai suggested:

If a buyer needs assistance with their Instagram account, there are safer alternatives:

Use Instagram's built-in Collaborator feature for specific posts. [I'm not sure that would work as it also said posts appear on both profiles]

Share content with the seller to upload on the buyer's behalf, without giving account access.

Utilize Instagram's Creator Studio for managed access to business accounts.

Is the user's instagram account a business one and if so could the instagram creator studio option be used for it?

For non-business accounts do Fiverr & instagram allow sharing the instagram password/authentication code on the order page or not?

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

On 10/15/2024 at 1:29 AM, uk1000 said:

So is the code he sent you (the approx 13 digit one) a 2 factor authentication code? (perpleixty.ai thinks it could be).

Are there other ways that it's better done by?

perplexity.ai suggested:

Is the user's instagram account a business one and if so could the instagram creator studio option be used for it?

For non-business accounts do Fiverr & instagram allow sharing the instagram password/authentication code on the order page or not?

Thank you so much for helping me out. I appreciate your guidance, detailed insights, and prompt responses. The buyer contacted me saying he has been quite busy on his trip. He also promised to provide me with the code in the next two days. Let's see!

• Like 2