Clients asking for email to place an order.

logoblitz_std

Question

6 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, logoblitz_std said:

I just created my gig on Fiverr and I have received multiple messages from clients that they need my email to place and order. I know it's a scam unless one of the clients proceeds with this snapshot. Can some tell me if that's the case or not. Like they need email? 

16-09-2024.jpg

SPAM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello @logoblitz_std 

12 hours ago, logoblitz_std said:

Can some tell me if that's the case or not. Like they need email? 

It is a scam. Please do not share any personal information as it is considered a TOS violation and it may lead to your account restriction. We kindly ask you to report all the users who sent you messages asking you for personal information, such as email, to our Customer Support. Feel free to send an email to support@fiverr.com explaining to them what happened. 

We strongly recommend not opening suspicious links, QR codes, or files from senders you have not contacted directly. Please be aware that Fiverr will never contact you via inbox to request payments, passwords, or private information.

Thank you.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

19 hours ago, logoblitz_std said:

I just created my gig on Fiverr and I have received multiple messages from clients that they need my email to place and order. I know it's a scam unless one of the clients proceeds with this snapshot. Can some tell me if that's the case or not. Like they need email? 

16-09-2024.jpg

Its scam. do not provide anything. and report the message to fiverr.

• Like 1

On Fiverr, clients asking for your email to place an order can be a red flag. Fiverr’s terms of service prohibit sharing contact information before an order is placed to ensure all communication and transactions happen through the platform. This protects both you and the client .I'm sure the client is a scammer but since fiverr is a commercial platform you message him through fiverr for security reasons and to comply with Fiverr's policies, I can’t share my email address. Please place your order through Fiverr, and we can communicate and complete everything here. If he is a real client then order through fiverr . 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2024 at 4:47 AM, logoblitz_std said:

16-09-2024.jpg

It's a Scam! Sharing any personal information is against Fiverr's rules and regulations. Be careful with those people. report his message and do not give him any information.

• Like 1