What’s your best Fiverr Advice?

Kesha

On 9/11/2024 at 11:10 PM, mandyzines said:

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Your investment of time, energy, and money can be gone in the blink of an eye if the "AI" on the site misinterprets something and the likelihood of you being left in the dark without any recourse is very high.

Best Advice! 👏

• Like 7

Never expect to get more orders by setting a meager price. There are some toxic buyers, because they are very greedy(including Fiverr Select buyers), expecting to provide services worth dozens of dollars for just five dollars, and then they make all sorts of false promises to you, such as saying there will be more orders in the future, you will become famous, or they are big companies, only looking to exploit you and make you meet their unreasonable expectations. 

Edited by lee_petrovich
Optimization
  • Like 7

Don´t underestimate spending time on promoting your gigs (plan in that time or set around 60 or 70/month aside for it), next to that, deliver at least 6 hrs before the deadline, in this way you stay higher in the visibility. Goodluck everyone! 

On 9/17/2024 at 2:33 PM, bashir_expert1 said:

I believe in Quality over Quantity. 

Always! 

On 9/14/2024 at 6:47 AM, uk1000 said:

If the client is wrong wouldn't it be better to politely show & say that they are wrong (not saying "you are wrong" but another way)? eg. if they ask for something and something about what they ask for would mean lots more work but they say "oh it won't require x to be done" you could show them exactly why x would need to be done, why it would take a lot longer to do that task and maybe if quoting a price, why it could cost more.

It's surely best to be honest if the buyer is making incorrect statements, with proof to back up the actual truth.

This is so important, yes. And it´s good to refer to it in things previously discussed, for example, on tuesday you said this and this, according to research unfortunately it is not possible (show facts) and that is why I cannot meet your expectations (e.g.) and then give alternatives or solutions to then still complete or to cancel the order. 

• Like 6

On 9/11/2024 at 1:40 PM, mandyzines said:

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Your investment of time, energy, and money can be gone in the blink of an eye if the "AI" on the site misinterprets something and the likelihood of you being left in the dark without any recourse is very high.

100% agree with this and a lesson a lot of us have learned - especially over the last few months. Deliver quality on Fiverr - most definitely but I think diversification in terms of where one is building one's business is critical

• Like 4
  • Support 1

Patience is the key. Most of the times all I've get is scam offers saying you should post ads on Facebooks (I offer translations and voiceovers) or the same fake messages from a different user with a promise of a voiceover work - but with the exact same text.

And then sometimes there's a real job.

So, patience, patience, patience, and don't give up!

• Like 1