Need tips to stay motivated as a new seller on Fiverr.

ibtisam_ch

Hello Everyone!

I am a new seller on Fiverr. I had been working as a freelance content writer and thought why not join this platform and expand online as well. I have been here from  past two weeks. Not complaining about anything, I know patience is required for every new beginning. I just wanted to ask some questions if you guys can be kind enough to answer me and clear ambiguities others are causing me about the platform. 

1- I have created 4 gigs on writing niche as this is what I do. It is a high competition niche that I understand. After creating first two gigs, I got 3 fake buyers (Come to telegram sorts) and after those three fake requests, there is no response. I then created all 4 four gigs and now am basically focusing on marketing them on Pinterest (Will take organic approach as no budget for running marketing campaigns currently). Should I focus on Facebook as well? I see so many groups but no one seems to be genuinely taking interest in looking at shared gigs.

2- Should I leave my gigs as it is for a month or two as many state they had to wait three to four months for first order and changing the gigs affect the impressions and may kill them?

3- Do you think staying online actually matters? Many people seem to keep saying this online or in my surroundings. Obviously being a job person and taking Fiverr along, staying online will never be possible and seems quite illogical to me to be honest that this can be the cause of getting more orders?

Any motivational words would be encouraged. Thank you for being kind in advance. I guess I will give it all the time it requires and wait patiently, but if something can help me make the process quick do let me know guys.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ibtisam Chaudhary

Gigs Impressions.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ibtisam_ch said:

I have created 4 gigs on writing niche as this is what I d

We're in slightly different niches, so I can't be for sure, but for me, your gigs seem a bit 'samey'. I probably would try to diversify a bit more - SEO blog/website content is very competitive, so you might want to either narrow down (find specific niches (topics) to write about OR try to offer a bigger variety - if you can do content, you can also do other things, I'd assume, so that could help!
But yes, it's quite competitive, and to be honest, there isn't much you can do once you have good gigs. I personally hardly had any luck with social media ads (and I'm nearing 1000 orders at this point!)

2- Should I leave my gigs as it is for a month or two as many state they had to wait three to four months for first order and changing the gigs affect the impressions and may kill them?

I would leave them as is for at least a month (if you don't decide to change them to be more diverse) and see how they do. If nothing happens after a good while, try to think about WHY they might not be doing well. Buyers are spoilt for choice, so you really need to stand out!

3- Do you think staying online actually matters? Many people seem to keep saying this online or in my surroundings. Obviously being a job person and taking Fiverr along, staying online will never be possible and seems quite illogical to me to be honest that this can be the cause of getting more orders?

I'm not a 'job person' (I assume you mean someone who works/has a job) anymore, but I was when I was building out my business online. I never stayed online other than the times I needed to (e.g. when checking in with clients, having meetings and delivering orders.) Wayyy back in time, likely before I joined, even - there weren't THAT many sellers, so being online might have given you an edge for buyers who needed work done quickly (and often for cheap) but that isn't really true anymore. Don't stress too much about it - but of course, if nothing seems to work, it's a good idea to think about why that might be AND if there's a way to help it. 

If not, well, there are plenty of other sites, right? 

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Support 1

50 minutes ago, katakatica said:

We're in slightly different niches, so I can't be for sure, but for me, your gigs seem a bit 'samey'. I probably would try to diversify a bit more - SEO blog/website content is very competitive, so you might want to either narrow down (find specific niches (topics) to write about OR try to offer a bigger variety - if you can do content, you can also do other things, I'd assume, so that could help!
But yes, it's quite competitive, and to be honest, there isn't much you can do once you have good gigs. I personally hardly had any luck with social media ads (and I'm nearing 1000 orders at this point!)

I would leave them as is for at least a month (if you don't decide to change them to be more diverse) and see how they do. If nothing happens after a good while, try to think about WHY they might not be doing well. Buyers are spoilt for choice, so you really need to stand out!

I'm not a 'job person' (I assume you mean someone who works/has a job) anymore, but I was when I was building out my business online. I never stayed online other than the times I needed to (e.g. when checking in with clients, having meetings and delivering orders.) Wayyy back in time, likely before I joined, even - there weren't THAT many sellers, so being online might have given you an edge for buyers who needed work done quickly (and often for cheap) but that isn't really true anymore. Don't stress too much about it - but of course, if nothing seems to work, it's a good idea to think about why that might be AND if there's a way to help it. 

If not, well, there are plenty of other sites, right? 

Hello @katakatica!

Thank you very much for such detailed response. I agree to every point that you have mentioned. Yes they seem same but I took someone's advice who said do not produce different gigs (I do have other experience like video editing, books creation etc being an educationist). But I guess I should take your advice and let it be like so for a month more and may be then analyze and try again and if its not meant to happen here, there may be other opportunities too. 

Thank you once again 🙂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ibtisam_ch said:

Hello @katakatica!

Thank you very much for such detailed response. I agree to every point that you have mentioned. Yes they seem same but I took someone's advice who said do not produce different gigs (I do have other experience like video editing, books creation etc being an educationist). But I guess I should take your advice and let it be like so for a month more and may be then analyze and try again and if its not meant to happen here, there may be other opportunities too. 

Thank you once again 🙂

You can still offer different things when it comes to writing - you basically have the same gig four times!

That's actually against the rules (well, complete duplicates are.)

When it comes to writing itself, couldn't it make sense to diversify?

I agree about not being in too many categories to start with, that's great advice!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, katakatica said:

You can still offer different things when it comes to writing - you basically have the same gig four times!

That's actually against the rules (well, complete duplicates are.)

When it comes to writing itself, couldn't it make sense to diversify?

I agree about not being in too many categories to start with, that's great advice!

I totally get your point now. I was totally not seeing it in this view point.

Thank you very much for this response, I am surely going to take this advice and diversify. 

• Like 2

Confused about the Social Media sharing for promotion of Gigs (Kindly Advise)

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are well. I basically have one more question. There is much about sharing the Gigs once you have created them and I do understand the requirement having an experience with websites and bringing them into consideration for traffic and ranking.

But when it comes to Fiverr (Since this is new journey for me please do consider me asking for a kind advice than criticism), I am definitely going to try Pinterest without paid advertising obviously and it shall take some time I know that. But regarding Facebook, I would like to ask that there are so many groups that are available but most of them are like (Exchange gigs, buy Gigs views etc) which makes me realize is it really worth posting or sharing gigs links in such groups?

If anyone amongst you know any genuine groups on social media where one can actually sincerely share (not overshare obviously) their gigs for promotion, then please share the links.

Thank you in advance for reading and responding.

Regards,

Ibtisam Ch.

• Like 10

Sharing your gigs in random groups -- and especially ones with the sole purpose of posting gigs -- is useless. They are full of people who only want to post their own gigs, not your target audience. Sharing gigs randomly elsewhere is just spam.

If you want to use social media effectively for marketing, learn how to actually market your business/freelance brand effectively.

• Like 8
  • Up 7

On 9/11/2024 at 5:54 PM, melanielm said:

Sharing your gigs in random groups -- and especially ones with the sole purpose of posting gigs -- is useless. They are full of people who only want to post their own gigs, not your target audience. Sharing gigs randomly elsewhere is just spam.

If you want to use social media effectively for marketing, learn how to actually market your business/freelance brand effectively.

It makes sense. I was of same view after going through those groups. I will consider learning more regarding marketing.

Thank you!

• Like 2