Help me get my first sale please

hibaissa

I started with 1 gig a month and a half ago and created two more (one as recent as yesterday). My impressions are growing as I have learned to modify the tags but I still haven't received sales. How can I be more niche or find a niche that has high demand with low competition. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Screenshot 2024-09-09 at 6.35.47 PM.png

• Like 12
  • Up 2
  • Support 2

Hey there @hibaissa 

Starting something new is always challenging. It can feel overwhelming and difficult to get the ball rolling but don't let that discourage you. Allow me to provide you with a few pointers that can be helpful to you.  

Know that the Forum is full of information and great discussions. As a new member, we recommend that you read through some of the previous posts made, as they have lots of valuable insights that will help you get started. If you would like to ask the community for suggestions on your Gig, please post in the Gig Advice section. You can also read through topics in the Tips for Sellers section where you can find so many brilliant instructions and guidance from our skilled Sellers.

Here are a few that I recommend for new freelancers:

Make sure to check out our pinned posts as well. Please use the search bar to find any advice or information you need. The more detailed you are in your search, the better the result you will get.

Hope this helps.

We wish you the best of luck! 🍀 

• Like 8
  • Up 1
  • Support 1

5 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

There are 2 spelling mistakes in a short sentence of only 9 words while the seller claims to be "fluent" in English.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. Where are the spelling mistakes?

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 4:07 AM, hibaissa said:

How can I be more niche or find a niche that has high demand with low competition. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Start broad and narrow down.

Example: start your search with a broad term like "Canva" (I'm taking this as an example since that's the first thing I saw in your screenshot).

There are over 12k results, and that's what you want. More the better at this stage.

image.png.cb7d41ef326f9d8ada7ac06420a001e5.png

What you need to do now is go through a couple of pages (at least the first 10 or so if you have the time for it) and start writing down sub-niches within the "Canva" that you can do.

I went through the first page and this is what I found:

• Design & Edit Canva Project
  • Design Canva Templates
  • Design Social Media Posts in Canva
  • Recreate Graphics in Canva
  • Design Lead Magnet in Canva
  • Design E-book Cover in Canva

You get the idea....

Extract these sub-niches from your broad term "Canva" and search them in a separate tab/window to evaluate their profitability (for lack of a better term).

Typically how I would look for keywords with about 1000 - 2000 ish results (the lower the better). And you got to make sure that the search results actually contain gigs with your target keyword, and that they have sales.

Example:
image.png.231cb9a86a5061a7f94f0bf495db0228.png

Hope that makes sense. Good luck!

• Like 2