Issue with Unauthorized Delivery to a User

steerbill

Question

Hello Fiverr Community,

I hope everyone is doing well.

I wanted to share an issue I encountered with a user on the platform. I completed a project and delivered it to their inbox, trusting their word that they would place the order later due to a lack of funds at the time. However, no order was placed, and no payment was made for my services.

I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced a similar situation and to get advice on how to handle this. Was it a mistake to deliver the work without an official order? Any guidance or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

thank you guys in advance

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, steerbill said:

trusting their word

1st mistake

11 minutes ago, steerbill said:

and delivered it to their inbox

2nd mistake

11 minutes ago, steerbill said:

to get advice on how to handle this.

There is nothing to handle. You did work for free instead of waiting for the order. There is no refund possible and Fiverr will not help you with this situation.

14 minutes ago, steerbill said:

Was it a mistake to deliver the work without an official order?

It was a huge mistake.

You have only received 1 review in the last 2 years. You were desperate for an order and fell into the trap.
Scammers know this and choose their prey from sellers who have no sales, often combined with low prices.

• Like 2
  • Up 4
  • Facepalm 1

@filipdevaere is 100% correct, and whilst I need to review the ToS again to be sure I think free work could be against ToS.

Anyway, live and learn @steerbill. Don't do free work. Real buyers will make an order. Some users try to take advantage of a seller's good nature. Don't let them. You're better than 'free work'.

I just hope you didn't waste too much time on this work.

Best of luck for the future!

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Support 4