Things to consider before creating your website

A website is a valuable asset that every business should consider, as it can greatly impact your credibility, visibility, conversions, and overall success. Since your site will directly represent your brand, it must be professional and well thought out. Here are some key things to consider when looking to build a website: 

Define the purpose of your website
Not all websites are created equal. When building yours, it’s important to understand what you want your site to accomplish. 

Maybe your goal is to share your thoughts and expertise with an audience, in which case a portfolio site makes sense. Or, you want to sell more products, so an e-commerce website is the way to go. Whatever your goals are, it’s important to define them clearly before you start that process of building. This will help your website designer tailor their approach so you get the most out of your site.

Choose the right hosting provider
Behind every successful website is a reliable hosting provider. From WordPress to Wix, Shopify, Squarespace, and more, there are many options available. Keep in mind, there is not a right or wrong answer for which one you should choose. Simply consider the goals of your site, along with factors like cost, usability, security, and integration capabilities, and evaluate which provider ticks off the most boxes. 

Many web designers specialize in specific platforms so having in mind which platform you want to use can help you refine your search for the perfect freelancer for your project.

Curate your copy
The words you choose to use on your site are some of the most effective ways to communicate your brand and connect with your target audience. Further, great copy can improve your SEO and traffic, drive sales, give credibility, and more. 

Although you can always edit and add copy anytime after building your site, having all your content ready before hiring a freelancer can make the process much easier and more efficient.

Not a skilled copywriter? No worries! Our platform is teeming with skilled copywriters who can craft the perfect words for your website. View our recommended list of freelancers here.

Consider SEO Basics
Simply having a great website doesn’t always mean you’ll be rewarded with high traffic. Instead, if you want to increase your web visitors, you must be intentional about implementing a few SEO strategies on your website. Hiring a freelancer who can conduct keyword research, optimize your images, and add meta tags are all tactics that can help you unlock your site’s visibility across different search engines and ensure your website is being built on a good SEO foundation from the very beginning. 

Think of security and maintenance                                            
After investing time and money to have the perfect website, it’s important to safeguard your site by implementing robust security measures against potential threats. This is also important because a secure site builds trust with your audience and ensures a safe user experience.

Additionally, a thriving website can require consistent care such as updates, backups, and monitoring. To keep your site running smoothly, it’s important to plan ahead and establish the necessary maintenance and security protocols for your website.   

Ready to transform your website vision into reality? Dive into our selection of expert freelancers ready to assist you with all aspects of web design, website development, SEO, and maintenance here.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Kesha for these information regarding creating our own website, just a question please; As a Fiverr Seller Could I create my website to show and promote my service, and add a portfolio of my previous work on Fiverr to get more external traffic or to doing Affiliate marketing, is this legit and not considered against Fiverr TOS. and thanks again.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, soufianejanna said:

Thank you @Kesha for these information regarding creating our own website, just a question please; As a Fiverr Seller Could I create my website to show and promote my service, and add a portfolio of my previous work on Fiverr to get more external traffic or to doing Affiliate marketing, is this legit and not considered against Fiverr TOS. and thanks again.

I highly doubt this would be profitable even if it's allowed.

It makes more sense to get inbound traffic from an external website to your Fiverr gigs instead.

• Like 8
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Kesha said:

View our recommended list of freelancers

Could you point me to a resource about how these people are chosen?

Also, was the rule about identifying your posts/content as AI revoked? I think I missed something.

• Like 10

On 8/30/2024 at 3:42 PM, soufianejanna said:

Hi @soufianejanna

Great question. Typically, once the buyer marks your order as complete, the copyrights for the work created become their intellectual property. This means that you will need to get their consent before publishing the work on a personal/external website. 

• Like 4

On 8/31/2024 at 8:39 AM, melanielm said:

Could you point me to a resource about how these people are chosen?

Hi! This list is curated manually by our Buyer Customer Success Managers. 

• Like 3