Account flagged due to location inconsistency

Guest smatoo2008

Question

Guest smatoo2008

Hello

My name is Mubashar Mahmood and I have been working on fiverr since 2019 with profile link as follows;

I have always worked hard to fulfill customers needs and currently I was a level 2 seller. On june 15th I asked CS few question regarding new success score system vide ticket no 11873270 which were answered by Destiny, Renly, Mason and chat was quite fine but suddenly I received an email on 22 july that myy account was under review and flagged for using false identity. And I was shocked. Perhaps this chat resulted in a deep survey of my account and was flagged without any solid reason. Mason said that it could be due to use of false name or phodo or any other ID related stuff but I have never tried any of these things since 2016 and always respected and obediently followed fivers policies.

Then I opened another ticket 11873270 on 23 july and contacted CS regarding matter and got automated answer saying

After careful review, your account has been flagged due to location inconsistencies or other activities indicating a connection to violations of our . Consequently, your participation in Fiverr's level system is permanently restricted.” Also look this ticket #11917462.

I was stunned.. I have never used any VPN on my fiverr account. I have a phonen and a laptop and I used only mobile data, or PTCL broadband for this purpose. In Pakistan usually internet is unavailable on special occasions due to security threat but I always set my account to unavailable . recently on 16-17 july , was unavailable for 2 days due to same reason.

Then I checked my logged in devices and found that logged in from city narowal, city faisalabad, chakwal etc etc. I don’t know why it was so. I have always been working from city lahore since 2016. And never went to these cities mentioned in profile. I have never acquired any unethical services for account promotion or maintenance. My ISP, PTCL or Ufone would have perhaps routed internet to neighbouring cities that trigged this error which resulted in flagging of acocunt.

As much as I know, VPN routes through difference countries and not through different neighbouring cities of same state.

I am ruined, It was my only source of income and my bread and butter. I am penalized for a crime which even I have not comitted.

I request you all exxperts, CS members, to look into this matter and help me unflag my account.

I am willing to provide any official document, CNIC, passport, etc to prove  my identity, name, picture etc. PLEASE HELP ME.

@rawque_gulia  @iftekhar_hasnai   @vovkaslovesnyy  @michmikaia  @smartdezigns  @syedraiyan  @vickiespencer  @mdshohelahamed

2 answers to this question

Hello too.

Sorry to hear about your case. We, the sellers on the Forum cannot help you regarding account-related issues. 

So contact Fiverr Support again but using the first ticket on the same issue. Avoid creating new tickets.

Good Luck.

• Like 3
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, smatoo2008 said:

Then I checked my logged in devices and found that logged in from city narowal, city faisalabad, chakwal etc etc. I don’t know why it was so. I have always been working from city lahore since 2016. And never went to these cities mentioned in profile. I have never acquired any unethical services for account promotion or maintenance. My ISP, PTCL or Ufone would have perhaps routed internet to neighbouring cities that trigged this error which resulted in flagging of acocunt.

Nah, 200% this won't be the case. Your IP location is never exact and it just creates a geofence of ~200-300 kms. So, your ISP can bump your location here and there within that radius -- and that's completely okay! That does not cause any issues, as it's a dynamic IP and only changes when you restart your devices or router. The location consistency problem only occurs when the system detects a VPN or location change too frequently, which is not possible for a human -- such as getting IP addresses from 5 different cities within 5 hours (that are 1000 miles apart in different directions) -- that becomes the problem.

Since earlier, it all started with 'account under review for false identity' -- so probably, it has something to do with that. The profile picture you used on your profile looks very generic (looks like it's taken from a stock media website). I'm not saying that it's not you -- but it's just so professional and the way it's taken looks very generic. There may be other reasons as well.

Request a review again from customer support and a chance to review your identity documents (that you can present to them).

• Like 4