My designer didn't update the final delivery like I requested

ethio_delights

Question

First time poster here.  I bought services to design packaging, and during the active design process, I switched my packaging size from 2.1 oz to 3.5 oz. I asked the designer to make these changes alongside others (i.e., centering the title, etc.). He delivered the products (3D rendering, PDF, original file, and jpg of the front/back of the design). Since then, I've mostly used the 3D rendering, but now I need the PDF to print my packaging. After careful review, I saw that the designer only updated the original file and the 3D rendering - everything else he provided were old versions/old edits that weren't updated with my new requests. What can I do now to fix this? I've reached out to the designer, but I gave him a good rating online and I tipped him for his services. How can I fix things? I don't have the software necessary to make these changes myself.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Send him a message. Since you rated, you can't ask for a revision via the revision button, however you can send a message to your designer via the inbox. And he should still provide you with the changes. If not, you can escalate to customer support, but for the time being, contacting your designer is the best bet. See how they reply, if they assist or not, and go from there. If the designer is an honest, hard working professional, they will change the way you asked, especially considering the fact you also tipped them...

• Like 1

I think it's worth bearing in mind as well that the designer has effectively "put your project to bed". It's likely that they will have to stop work on other projects to go back to yours. Given that you approved the work and effectively signed off on it as happy, you may want to consider offering them a small token amount to pick this back up again (if nothing else, it'll certainly help grease the wheels and get things moving).

But first course of action, is probably just to ask - you can still message them as if you were a new customer, no problem!

• Like 1