New to Fiverr

elita_selmon

Question

Hi all-

I just launched my seller profile this week and have received 6 notifications that my services have been "purchased." They all have identical messaging. See attached.

I feel like there isn't enough information about how to accept payments for gigs and which to respond to and which not to respond to.

Is there a human on here who can tell me if this is legit and how they went about receiving payment for their first gig?

If these inquiries are legit, then I am unfortunately missing out on gigs. If they are not then I don't think I want to continue with Fiverr.

Thanks all!Screenshot2024-07-19at1_09_10PM.png.261c76b2da2196d79368a9a7a3ecfbbd.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, elita_selmon said:

Thank you for the quick response. How will I know if they are legitimate inquiries? 

You can read this post from Fiverr Staff to understand and differentiate between genuine and fraudulent queries.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2024 at 11:41 PM, elita_selmon said:

Hi all-

I just launched my seller profile this week and have received 6 notifications that my services have been "purchased." They all have identical messaging. See attached.

I feel like there isn't enough information about how to accept payments for gigs and which to respond to and which not to respond to.

Is there a human on here who can tell me if this is legit and how they went about receiving payment for their first gig?

If these inquiries are legit, then I am unfortunately missing out on gigs. If they are not then I don't think I want to continue with Fiverr.

Thanks all!Screenshot2024-07-19at1_09_10PM.png.261c76b2da2196d79368a9a7a3ecfbbd.png

SCAM 

On 7/20/2024 at 12:11 AM, elita_selmon said:

this is definitely a scam, please be aware. there are a lot of helpful topics here in fiverr forum regarding how to spot a scam
https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/328977-suggestion-fiverr-could-send-a-message-to-fiverr-users-warning-them-about-scams/

On 7/19/2024 at 11:11 PM, elita_selmon said:

Hi all-

I also got this message two days ago. They sent me an image with a QR Code with instructions. After scanning the QR Code they were redirected to a website similar to Fiverr. After putting VISA Debit card, they ask you to pay $150 to verify your payment method.  Message arrived from " Notification", and "Verification" but their username was separated from their names. They had sent me messages multiple times from multiple accounts. I was shocked at what happened. But I started researching what I should do I got this community message and realized that it was a scam. They target only fresh Fiverr sellers If you get this kind of message ignore it and report it to the Fiverr support team.

Screenshot 2024-07-25 080757.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 080833.png

Screenshot 2024-07-25 081037.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR pure_creatives.png