Cancellation

momaidi

Hello Everyone,

Recently, I am hearing news from around, some sellers are struggling with order cancellation after delivery, you won't believe customer service rarely check the asked product with the delivered file. I saw in the response of my friend who had this issue, they wrote him that buyer clearly mentioned that the delivery doesn't meet their expectation (Only conversation text was checked!). It is a very simple way as a buyer to get work done for free.

As sellers what ways you recommend in such cases? I had same experience with a buyer, they ask for cancellation directly after they get the file, and everyone knows Fiverr is mostly valuing buyers than sellers, there is one thing which support team will do for you is, don't worry it won't affect your rating (It isn't we want, what about the time we spent and the resources).

Will be happy to have your feedback.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, momaidi said:

It is a very simple way as a buyer to get work done for free.

It's definitely subjective. Maybe the buyer actually disliked the work. If they do use it, then I agree, that's theft. But I am sure many times buyers dislike someone's work and they don't use it either.

You can't really prevent cancellations, and that's why you want to vet buyers yourself. Talk with the client first, see what they expect, etc, if they seem hard to work with, just avoid it. This is not just a Fiverr problem, as a freelancer you will always encounter problems like this. So the only thing you can do is to protect yourself, perform due diligence and don't be desperate to work on anything, as it will backfire.

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1

53 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

You can't really prevent cancellations

That's true

We may never completely avoid it. However, having a clear policy for cancellations would be more helpful.

For example, there should be a dedicated team to review the delivery and the source file sent. Decisions should not be made solely based on the text provided by the buyer during cancellation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, momaidi said:

As sellers what ways you recommend in such cases? I had same experience with a buyer, they ask for cancellation directly after they get the file, and everyone knows Fiverr is mostly valuing buyers than sellers, there is one thing which support team will do for you is, don't worry it won't affect your rating (It isn't we want, what about the time we spent and the resources).

If your case is really strong and have solid evidences/proof that you have completed the tasks according to your buyer's requirement then Fiverr Support might consider your case and reimburse you (if buyer really cancels the order).

Fiverr takes care of their sellers too but less than buyers. It's the fact. But it all depends on the case.

• Like 3
  • Up 2

4 hours ago, momaidi said:

For example, there should be a dedicated team to review the delivery and the source file sent. Decisions should not be made solely based on the text provided by the buyer during cancellation.

The chances of that happening are very low. Because there is a large amount of cancellations and I don't see the benefit for Fiverr to hire dozens of people for something that brings nothing in return, from a business perspective it makes no sense.

And even then, it's subjective. What you see as great work might be seen differently by other people. Pricing also needs to be taken into consideration, and there's also a matter of what people like and dislike. Again, you communicate with the person, let them know exactly what to expect, and that will prevent most cancellations.

• Like 5
  • Up 1

On 7/16/2024 at 4:20 PM, smartdezigns said:

If your case is really strong and have solid evidences/proof that you have completed the tasks according to your buyer's requirement then Fiverr Support might consider your case and reimburse you (if buyer really cancels the order).

Fiverr takes care of their sellers too but less than buyers. It's the fact. But it all depends on the case.

It is unlikely for Fiverr to reimburse an order that is clearly cancelled due to buyer's dissatisfaction. However, they can at least help by preventing the cancellation from impacting your account, if you're actually in the right and you're just unfortunate meeting an unprofessional buyer. Based on my experience, they only reimburse in cases where buyer already approved the order and received the files, but retract the payment they made to Fiverr after. Happened to me twice and Fiverr reimbursed them all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kevindwren said:

However, they can at least help by preventing the cancellation from impacting your account,

No matter what the reason of cancellation is, that cancellation is still gonna affect your account whether it's huge or small.. it really affects everything. So no one can prevent that.. not even Fiverr Team because of their AI system.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

I think we freelancers don't have a mentality like ''we will do all work''. First, we have to understand buyer expectations. If we think I can do his work properly after that tell them a clear overview of what you will do for the buyer. If he says ok and you are satisfied with the buyer's response and behavior then do the work with professionalism.

• Like 2