Order verification scam and a seasoned buyer!

rabihumakhan

I a few hours ago received a message from someone asking me to verify my payment method in order to get my order processed. I knew it was a scam and reported this to Fiverr immediately! That person is now no longer available on Fiverr. 

However, I just checked their ID and they worked with eleven sellers and all of them have given them 5* reviews highlighting how nice and friendly they were. 

Does it mean it was a legit buyer whose ID was being compromised or now legitimate buyers as well started such scams? 

Edited by rabihumakhan
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, vovkaslovesnyy said:

Recently, there's been a wave of complaints from people, whose accounts were somehow hacked. 

Someone uses their accounts to send spam. 

Well, that's sad, and dangerous. Due to being hacked, we may notice several buyers, and sellers get banned. 

In addition, Fiverr is doing nothing to stop this kind of scam before it happens. 

• Like 1
  • Up 3

2 hours ago, digitaladviosr said:

hello, I'm siam 

yeah recently i was this type inbox

he will send a qr code and text "please check out your inbox and scan your payment 

but i can understood ,how can i get payment to do nothing job 

it so funny, i think fiverr also solved this issues

Thanks, I learned something different

14 hours ago, rabihumakhan said:

Well, that's sad, and dangerous. Due to being hacked, we may notice several buyers, and sellers get banned. 

In addition, Fiverr is doing nothing to stop this kind of scam before it happens. 

If the responsible are unable to manage the site properly, they should resign, no shame in it. I was warmly welcomed to (world of scams/fiver) 2 days ago.

same happened to me today, 

someone send a message claiming they are from Fiverr support, containing image with QR code, 

and link to a website exactly like Fiverr,  but with different domain name, 

they asked me to verify my credit card in 24 hours otherwise my account will be banned, 

the page was exactly like Fiverr seller page and even with online support which answer your questions! 

when i asked why they didn't use an official account, the support person just gone silent, 

credit card information fishing websites are popping everywhere, 

be careful!

Don't believe anything unless it's from official accounts, (either notifications, or email with correct domain name)

Even with official accounts, check it with support again before you enter any personal information!