Can we use The words "FIVERR", "REVIEW" when message to a customer?

dmamith

Question

9 answers to this question

Hi @dmamith, it depends on how you're using them. For example, you can message the buyer "Thanks for leaving a review on my Fiverr profile, I'm happy to read you're satisfied with the work" or something similar. However, you cannot ask them to leave a review or ask why the review is as it is, as it's considered a review manipulation. Hope this helps 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ana_tomy said:

Hi @dmamith, it depends on how you're using them. For example, you can message the buyer "Thanks for leaving a review on my Fiverr profile, I'm happy to read you're satisfied with the work" or something similar. However, you cannot ask them to leave a review or ask why the review is as it is, as it's considered a review manipulation. Hope this helps 🙂

Hi Ana! correct me if I'm wrong, but we can remind them to leave their feedback at the end of the order correct?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, creative_howl said:

Hi Ana! correct me if I'm wrong, but we can remind them to leave their feedback at the end of the order correct?

You can let them know that you'd personally like to read more about their experience with you, however, you shouldn't remind or ask for feedback, since it's not an obligation to leave it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ana_tomy said:

You can let them know that you'd personally like to read more about their experience with you, however, you shouldn't remind or ask for feedback, since it's not an obligation to leave it. 

But wasn't there a post by Fiverr staff recently that told us to gently nudge buyers to ask for a review (and just in general reach out after an order is done or if the review looks off / etc.?)

I'm out of the house so I can't find the post but I remember I had the exact same thoughts you mentioned, but it seemed 'fine'.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, katakatica said:

But wasn't there a post by Fiverr staff recently that told us to gently nudge buyers to ask for a review (and just in general reach out after an order is done or if the review looks off / etc.?)

I'm out of the house so I can't find the post but I remember I had the exact same thoughts you mentioned, but it seemed 'fine'.

Hi @katakatica, I'd say it all comes down to wording, to show them that you'd like to hear them out and learn from their experience, but avoid being direct when asking for that review. I think that for those who are here longer, you already know how to approach the buyer on this, but for new members there's a finer line between this and review manipulation and it's easier to cross it just with incorrect wording.

• Like 2
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Is this the post you mentioned? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, creative_howl said:

Is this the post you mentioned? 

Yes!

I mean of course, context matters like @ana_tomy said, but I think it's important to always supply the same information if that makes sense? The post says something along the lines of it potentially being necessary to ask for feedback, which contradicts the above.

I've had some really contradicting info lately from different CS agents as well (won't go into detail but it was weird) so I just want to make sure that maybe this is looked into.

(Again, I know context and wording is super important- but that's why it's important to have these convos too.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, katakatica said:

Yes!

I mean of course, context matters like @ana_tomy said, but I think it's important to always supply the same information if that makes sense? The post says something along the lines of it potentially being necessary to ask for feedback, which contradicts the above.

I've had some really contradicting info lately from different CS agents as well (won't go into detail but it was weird) so I just want to make sure that maybe this is looked into.

(Again, I know context and wording is super important- but that's why it's important to have these convos too.)

Absolutely. I totally agree with where @ana_tomy was coming from. There's always that guy who'd find some kinda loophole to manipulate the system. So it's best to be strict from the get-go.

I've had contradicting information from different CS agents myself. But I can understand though since I used to work in CS myself (not in Fiverr of course). It's all good as long as everything is backed up in official documentation.

• Like 3

No, you should avoid using the words "Fiverr" or "review" in messages to customers on Fiverr. Fiverr has strict policies against manipulating reviews or discussing them directly with buyers. Using such terms could be seen as attempting to influence or manipulate the review system, which is against platform rules. It's best to focus on providing excellent service and letting customers decide independently whether to leave a review.

• Like 2