Question

yomadesign

On 7/21/2022 at 5:38 AM, mariashtelle1 said:

What is the proper way of marketing? 

This is my question, too.

In because I have NO people who I could really reach with post my gigs on facebook or so on.

I never get ANY feedback on social media, in because no one looks to my posts or on my timeline.

Its all really dead places on facebook and Instagram etc. for me.

• Like 9
  • Up 3

11 minutes ago, yomadesign said:

In because I have NO people who I could really reach with post my gigs on facebook or so on.

Well, that’s a step in the right direction in your thought process 😉 

The answer is: you don’t just post your gig links on your social medias blindly. 
m You first build your audience and attract them with the content that you create for them which might take months and months and only after that you start selling selling to them. Reaching your clients is not as easy as just to post a gig link. 
For example it took me a year of creating content, strategy and brand before I could start getting regular orders from my social medias. 

• Like 9
  • Up 6

Hello Fiverr Superheros 🙂

I absolutely love this topic. I will share below the ways that I have marketed, jump started and overall scale my Gigs. 

Much of what I will share below is not going to work if your Gig is not fully optimized (i.e. great title that communicates what you do, great images, video if relevant, priced competitively and with your Fiverr experience level in mind, etc etc). 

Finally, I also have to admit that a few of the below are not easy,...in my experience easy is rarely synonymous with wild success. 🙂

• Post a print out of your Gig on the community boards of Starbucks, Panera bread, or any other local board you have access to that has lots of traffic (think coffee house, study halls, and other spots that allow this and is usually full of rentals available, tutor for hire and guitar lessons).
  • Create a local Meetup group around your topic. This one is AMAZING and has near instant results. For me, many of my Gigs revolve around selling on Amazon, so I created an Amazon Seller Meetup group 6 years ago which has become the largest in the world. The members are all potential buyers of my Gig, I get to know them personally, and they tell me the types of Gigs they are looking for. If you design websites, or provide services beneficial to websites, then create a Wordpress of Shopify Meetup. 
  • Reach out to guest on other peoples podcast
  • Offer a free Gig to a community leader, podcast host, Youtube Channel in exchange for promoting your Gig on their Channel or to their community. Bonus points here if you create the work beforehand and offer it for free so you cut through the noise of everybody else filling their inbox. 
  • Same as above but send the community leader, podcast host, Youtube Channel influencer the link and a short Loom video on how they can join the Fiverr Affiliate program and earn money sharing your Gig to their communities straight from Fiverr. 
  • Run paid ads on Fiverr if eligible. This one has been amazing for me. 
  • Create a high value loss leader Gig to gain exposure, reviews, returning customers, and feedback. You know you have a great loss leader IMO when it feels like you are uncomfortable from giving away too much.
  • Paid ads on Facebook, IG, or Google (totally depends on your ad type and price points). 
  • Create a Facebook Group.
  • Optimize your Gigs title.
  • Create a referral network with other Fiverr sellers who create high quality, complimentary or competitive Gigs. There is enough for everybody and an abundance mentality truly has an amazing ROI. 

I do not claim to have all of the answers but I have tried all of these with great success. My only regret is I do not add new Gigs quick enough. 🙂

Would love to hear everybody elses advice on this topic so I can learn to grow my list of ways to rank Gigs from you as well. 

Warmest regards, 

Carlos

• Like 12
  • Up 3

@mariashtelle1

I create my brand since more than 28 years now with much creative artworks, designs and really high level content, but I never get nice reactions on all of my great artworks. People only try to take me down for that.

In germany they only HATE me for my drawing on the Berlin wall (the dragon wallpainting on my profile I draw there new in 2009). German people are really hard to reach, they don`t give nice compliments or support to each other unless you`ll pay them for support...

They only support non-germans for honor.

Edited by yomadesign
fasle word "otherwise" instead of unless.
  • Like 7
  • Up 2

7 minutes ago, yomadesign said:

create my brand since more than 28 years now with much creative artworks, but I never get nice reactions on all of my great artworks.

Then you weren’t building your brand. 

10 minutes ago, yomadesign said:

germany they only HATE me f

Negative marketing is still marketing. If you get so much hate you can still turn in into your advantage. But something tells me there is a bigger problem.
plus Social medias are global, they are not only German. 

Not to offend you but I did have a look at your profile, and I don’t see it speaking  30 years of experience. Maybe there is a talent behind it, but your profile doesn’t show it, even a gig title “I will logo design modern or abstrakt”. And the gig images themselves also don’t look like there is 30 years of experience and education behind them, even without the basic kerning and spacing and font stretching on the images. 

• Like 11
  • Up 2

12 minutes ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Not to offend you but I did have a look at your profile, and I don’t see it speaking  30 years of experience. Maybe there is a talent behind it, but your profile doesn’t show it, even a gig title “I will logo design modern or abstrakt”. And the gig images themselves also don’t look like there is 30 years of experience and education behind them, even without the basic kerning and spacing and font stretching on the images. 

I don't think this kind of envy has the right place here.

And I don`t think that you gotthe state-recognized training from your state, like I got it from the Germany high level Scool "Lette Verein Berlin".

The animation in my Dragonpicture here I have done by myselfe for example. too.
Do you can make animations like that?

• Like 8
  • Up 2

6 minutes ago, yomadesign said:

Do you can make animations like that?

It’s not about who can what. (There is no link by the way) 

It’s about if you can sell your art and services. As I said, it was not intended to offend you but just to make you look at your gig and other’s gigs and ask yourself if people will want to buy it. 
Or maybe you are just like a Van Gogh who will be only recognised in another century but don’t sell anything during his lifetime 😉 Your choice what approach to take. 
and you already take my comments as hate when I’m just trying to help you.

But if you think that your work is already perfect and there is no room for improvement then that’s great, you should start selling in no time. 

Edited by mariashtelle1
  • Like 8
  • Up 3

3 minutes ago, yomadesign said:

And I don`t think that you gotthe state-recognized training from your state, like I got it from the Germany high level Scool "Lette Verein Berlin".

I have been to @mariashtelle1's profile. she has done work for the Royal family of the UK. So apparently her work was recognized by the state.

On another note, I too looked at your profile because I wanted to see the image you mentioned of the dragon on the Berlin wall? Did you remove it?

• Like 13
  • Up 1