I am being asked for the balance of my bank account ...

Hi, 

I am new seller on Fiverr. My profile is complete but a member of Fiverr support sent me a chat asking for my banking details and the balance of my account. Then he told me he was sending a confirmation code to the bank for verification. When I checked my bank, I saw a transaction of €299. Fiverr support told me this was normal and that the amount is frozen. Is this a usual process at Fiverr or is it a scam?

Coincidentally, since yesterday I received three client requests but I am blocked because of this. Today, when I checked the client requests again, I received this message from Fiverr support: helon_raq can no longer be contacted. This will not affect your response rate.

Please help, I don't know what to do. 

Thanks !

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, mam301109 said:

Hi, 

I am new seller on Fiverr. My profile is complete but a member of Fiverr support sent me a chat asking for my banking details and the balance of my account. Then he told me he was sending a confirmation code to the bank for verification. When I checked my bank, I saw a transaction of €299. Fiverr support told me this was normal and that the amount is frozen. Is this a usual process at Fiverr or is it a scam?

Coincidentally, since yesterday I received three client requests but I am blocked because of this. Today, when I checked the client requests again, I received this message from Fiverr support: helon_raq can no longer be contacted. This will not affect your response rate.

Thanks !

Definitely a scammer because fiverr will not ask you about your personal details or bank balance etc. Be aware of these scams and contact support if you need any help regarding these issues.

56 minutes ago, mam301109 said:

Hi, 

Thanks !

I also got this message but i haven't added my details what should I do 

43 minutes ago, ahmad_freelancr said:

Definitely a scammer because fiverr will not ask you about your personal details or bank balance etc. Be aware of these scams and contact support if you need any help regarding these issues.

Ok thanks I also got this type of messages

Hi @mam301109sorry to read about this experience. First of all, you should immediately contact your bank to sort this out, since our Customer Support team cannot help outside Fiverr. 

I highly recommend reading our Terms of Service and Forum Rules. This would have prevented you from being scammed like this. Make sure that you avoid these violations in the future, since they'll most probably lead to having the account restricted/blocked. You'll also see how Fiverr works, how to know that a buyer purchased your gig and that the order is placed, and all the dos and don'ts. 

Hope you can sort it out with your bank. Good luck 🍀

• Like 1
  • Up 1

OK i received another message from the support :

🔔Hi, our dear user, suspicious activity has been detected on your account by Fiverr🔔. Your aссount will be temporarily frozen until you pass a special verification, which will confirm that you are the primary owner. Until then, you will not be аble to receive orders and payment for thеm. Tо cоmplete the verification process you need to follow the link below wherе you will get instructions and a form to fill out, our support staff will contact you, it won't take long. https://fiverr.order741912.com/order/46097260 If yоu do not pass the verification within a certain time, your account will be deleted until clarification due to paragraph G.20 of our site rules. Sincerely, Fiverr

Can I trust this?

Hi again, this is not from the Customer Support team. Please carefully read our Terms of Service and Community Standards. There is no verification process that requires your card details, so please follow the rules as any violation will only lead to restrictions and blocked account.

• 2 weeks later...
OMG same thing just happened to me, I just created my gig, and didn't have time to check how things work on this site!
They say they are from Fiverr support and send you a link to a chat box asking you for your bank details and balance. 

Meanwhile, a client asked me for my email address saying that she can't pay without entering it, she even sent me a screen shot, is that how it works? 

Fiverr needs to do something about that...

screenshot12-865.PNG?__cld_token__=exp=1720046213~hmac=45a0c130dcf0d8da3b5a43c14a0a0ab658dce5ad7dd4795397fe92c93e39fdd0
Edited by offtofrance

On 7/3/2024 at 1:27 PM, offtofrance said:
OMG same thing just happened to me, I just created my gig, and didn't have time to check how things work on this site!
They say they are from Fiverr support and send you a link to a chat box asking you for your bank details and balance. 

Meanwhile, a client asked me for my email address saying that she can't pay without entering it, she even sent me a screen shot, is that how it works? 

Fiverr needs to do something about that...

screenshot12-865.PNG?__cld_token__=exp=1720046213~hmac=45a0c130dcf0d8da3b5a43c14a0a0ab658dce5ad7dd4795397fe92c93e39fdd0

Same thing just happened to me, I just created my gig, and they sent me 3 emails from the same mail named fiverr. They said that someone wants to pay you 50 dollars and sent me a link. Please an administrator handles it.