About Account Verification

rajiul2021

Question

Why I got this, why the chatroom is asking my bank account/Card balance and sending this type of mssg: "

We will now send a push notification or SMS to your bank's app to check your card. It may look like a purchase, a random amount will be attached to your balance, we won't charge it. Once the transaction is confirmed, verification will take place - are you ready to confirm" 

1.JPG

Edited by rajiul2021
spelling and grammatical corrections
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

8 answers to this question

Hello @rajiul2021 

Please report this user to our Customer Support as soon as possible. You can do that by opening a ticket at https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new or by sending an email to support@fiverr.com. Attach all the screenshots you have and be as detailed as possible.

And most importantly do not click on any links and do not share any payment details or personal information. 

Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Same thing has happened to me. I shared my Card Details as well as Account Balance. I even received the mail from Fiverr account and in Dm it was Fiverr Staff

• Like 1

Always remember that Fiverr will not contact you through your inbox. Recently, scammers have been sending such messages to new sellers. Ignore these messages and stay vigilant to avoid falling victim to scams.

1 hour ago, Lena said:

Please report this user to our Customer Support as soon as possible.

Wouldn't it take the developers only a short time to put a check in to stop people setting/amending their display name to "Support Fiverr" or similar? If it's a priority couldn't they add a validation, since it's been happening for a few months?

This is what perplexity.ai suggested:

To prevent users from entering certain preset text in their display name on Fiverr, the platform could implement server-side validation using a programming language like Python, Ruby, or Node.js. Here's an example of how it could be done in Python:

import re

# List of banned display names
banned_names = ['support fiverr', 'fiverr support', 'support']

def validate_display_name(display_name):
    # Convert display name to lowercase for case-insensitive matching
    display_name = display_name.lower()

# Check if the display name matches any banned names
    for banned_name in banned_names:
        if re.search(r'\b' + banned_name + r'\b', display_name):
            return False

# If no banned name is found, return True
    return True

So maybe something like that 1 small function could be called (and the could could be changed to take the list of banned phrases from a database).

I assume they might also want to add a flag somewhere so actual staff might be allowed to enter display names that normal users can't.

Edited by uk1000
  • Up 1

Hi @uk1000 

1 hour ago, uk1000 said:

Wouldn't it take the developers only a short time to put a check in to stop people setting/amending their display name to "Support Fiverr" or similar? If it's a priority couldn't they add a validation, since it's been happening for a few months?

I honestly do not know how much time would it take for something like this to be implemented. It is one of the priorities. I will share your helpful recommendations with our teams for further consideration. 

Thank you. 

• Up 1
  • Thanks 1