Need advice on credit card scam. Received malicious order on Fiverr

Today I received a malicious order on fiverr. I didn't know it was malicious. The content of the msg is as follows: (Please do not open the link)

" 🎉 Congratulations from the Fiverr team, nabeel_nph! 
You have made  first sale.

💌 The user has made a request #3555161 to purchase your gig: analyze your data and prepare insightful reports.

📲 Please fill out form on this site: https://fiverr.confirm70298.com/order/67487617

✏ As this is your first sale, this procedure is mandatory for verification in our payment system after passing it your account will be assigned the status of 'Safe Seller'.

The buyer is waiting for your confirmation within 4 hours.
We wish you good luck and successful sales❤

Best regards, Fiverr team."

I was dumb enough to fall for it. I opened this link. It asked me to enter debit/credit card details to process the order payment (I now know Fiverr does not ask for these details). I entered the details of a credit card (God knows how much fortune that was). Then it said the minimum amount in the account should be $300. Bla bla. The point is I entered the card details and now I realized that it was a scam. I checked the url. The domain is not Fiverr.com. Now there hasn't been any transaction on the card at the moment. But I'm worried. What should I do? Should I block my card??

Thank you. 

PS: I can't believe such types of scams are possible on Fiverr. I use Upwork. There has never been such an incidence. This is so freaking. 

• Like 1

I would probably block my card if it was me (talk to your bank, get a new one/etc.) They might still try to steal from you.

It's pretty rampant lately and there isn't much to do but report them (and not fall for them.) From what I can see, they've been changing their script up (at least a bit) regularly so they don't end up getting caught by Fiverr. I do think that Fiverr should stop people from using their name/logo though (but I guess on throwaway accounts like this that get banned after scamming a few people things just don't get picked up by the system 

• Like 2

Hi @nabeel_nphsorry to read about this experience.

First of all, you should immediately contact your bank to sort this out, since our Customer Support team cannot help outside Fiverr. Also, please report this user so that our team can take over and block them from the platform. I highly recommend reading our Terms of Service and Forum Rules, as this might have prevented you from falling for a scam like this. Make sure that you avoid these violations in the future, since they'll most probably lead to having the account restricted/blocked.

You'll also see how Fiverr works, how to know that a buyer purchased your gig and that the order is placed, and all the dos and don'ts. Hope you can sort it out with your bank. Good luck 🍀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nabeel_nph said:

PS: I can't believe such types of scams are possible on Fiverr. I use Upwork. There has never been such an incidence. This is so freaking. 

We need to be vigilant. Unfortunately, these kinds of scams are not limited to Fiverr; they can occur on any platform where scammers see potential targets.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, katakatica said:

I would probably block my card if it was me (talk to your bank, get a new one/etc.) They might still try to steal from you.

It's pretty rampant lately and there isn't much to do but report them (and not fall for them.) From what I can see, they've been changing their script up (at least a bit) regularly so they don't end up getting caught by Fiverr. I do think that Fiverr should stop people from using their name/logo though (but I guess on throwaway accounts like this that get banned after scamming a few people things just don't get picked up by the system 

Yes. I blocked my card (although a few hours late) but there weren't any transactions (I hope there wouldn't be any now). 

I think Fiverr should apply Identity verification to it's users so that only authentic users make their way to the platform. 

23 hours ago, ana_tomy said:

Hi @nabeel_nphsorry to read about this experience.

First of all, you should immediately contact your bank to sort this out, since our Customer Support team cannot help outside Fiverr. Also, please report this user so that our team can take over and block them from the platform. I highly recommend reading our Terms of Service and Forum Rules, as this might have prevented you from falling for a scam like this. Make sure that you avoid these violations in the future, since they'll most probably lead to having the account restricted/blocked.

You'll also see how Fiverr works, how to know that a buyer purchased your gig and that the order is placed, and all the dos and don'ts. Hope you can sort it out with your bank. Good luck 🍀

Thank you. I'll be careful surely. 

But I think Fiverr should apply Identity verification to some extent in these cases.