Spam messages are costing me clicks on promoted gigs

If I had a $1 CPC (cost per click) on a promoted gig and a spammer clicks and messages me - I just completely lost a dollar worth of a click in thin air. Happens once, fine, but lately I get so much spam, almost at least once day. Why am I paying for this? 😭

Does this happen to you too? I block left and right. 😕 

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.24.10.png

1 hour ago, artatei said:

but lately I get so much spam, almost at least once day. Why am I paying for this? 😭

Does this happen to you too? I block left and right.

It's happening to everyone. The increased spam on the platform is ruining the experience -- and the most painful part is when you're paying for that spam through promoted gigs. Now, whenever I turn on my Promoted Gigs, I set the CPC to 0.3 and it seems to solve the problem (at least a little bit).

• Up 1

28 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

It's happening to everyone. The increased spam on the platform is ruining the experience -- and the most painful part is when you're paying for that spam through promoted gigs. Now, whenever I turn on my Promoted Gigs, I set the CPC to 0.3 and it seems to solve the problem (at least a little bit).

It's crazy! I'm putting the higher CPC when I need to get in some new orders and lowering once there's too many at the same time, but I didn't really think about the fact that I'm paying for spam?🥲