Is fiverr dying

it came to my attention that alot of sellers including top sellers who have been on the platform for years are being given the middle finger for no obvious reason, and seeing the main issues is this new ridiculous "succes score", is fiverr going to take our complaints into concideration or are we just lambs to the algorithmic slaughter..

• Like 10
  • Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are less buyers. There are also WAYYYY more new sellers, many of which use AI and have little to no talent. So you can see why they added that success score thing, to differentiate the millions of sellers/gigs. There are less buyers on Fiverr based on the latest info, however the platform itself is not dying. Yet due to having more competition and less buyers, you can see a lot of sellers, even the older ones, struggling.

• Like 6
  • Up 3

38 minutes ago, peyarahmmed said:

It's not possible that Fiverr dying. 

It is possible, any company can die, regardless of its size. Bad decisions can lead to closure. But in the case of Fiverr, it seems to be doing fine. However, it did lose buyers, like most freelancing sites did.

• Up 2

honestly the lack of buyers explains alot, especially when i see how the clicks and impressions have drastically tanked down since a few months ago

thank you for the new perspective though i havent tought of it that way

• Up 1

Many users may not be feeling the effects more than others depending on what they sell here. Fiverr is not dying, but it is definitely changing. A few things lead to this:

- Oversaturation of sellers on the platform selling very similar services (many also not qualified to do the job). I personally had someone try to sell me AI work at a high price (which I view as ‘cheating’ and ‘stealing’). 

- Pro sellers are most reliable, however that $300-1000 price tag is not affordable to everybody during times of inflation (so less orders, or orders only from buyers who can afford these higher rates).

- Scammers from both sellers/buyers sides (makes users view the site cautiously)

- New review setup (encouraged to bring more honestly in the review system from buyers), many sellers are complaining about certain aspects of this new review system that may burden/hinder their status on the platform. 

- Unprofessional users not handling business in a mature fashion. Profanity or immaturity. Causing both sellers and buyers to become frustrated. 

- Competition from the outside world (Upwork, Freelancer, etc). 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, peyarahmmed said:

This is possible. Because most of my return buyers are complaining about how they increased the service fee to $3. Some of them don't even want to place orders also.

Edited by kvnpaine
  • Up 1

On 6/9/2024 at 3:25 AM, arafatcoco said:

Fiverr can not be dying. 

You have a total of two reviews and opened your account in 2022.

On 6/19/2024 at 6:24 AM, collinsconsult said:

Fiverr is doing absolutely fine. 

You have 22 reviews and have been on Fiverr since 2020.

On 6/19/2024 at 7:26 AM, peyarahmmed said:

You opened your account a few months ago and have no reviews.

On 6/19/2024 at 9:31 AM, pinksamuraiii said:

Many users may not be feeling the effects more than others depending on what they sell here. Fiverr is not dying, but it is definitely changing.

It looks like your perspective is strictly that of a buyer, since you don't have any reviews as a seller.

On 6/20/2024 at 3:39 PM, tr_titul said:

On 6/21/2024 at 4:54 PM, naeemzaman99 said:

fiverr is verry responseble for their seller 

You opened your account last month and have no reviews.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2024 at 5:51 PM, mandyzines said:

It looks like your perspective is strictly that of a buyer, since you don't have any reviews as a seller.

Don't judge base on the number of reviews. I can't say much. Just know Fiverr is not dying!!! 

2 hours ago, collinsconsult said:

Don't judge base on the number of reviews. I can't say much. Just know Fiverr is not dying!!! 

it might reflect only 1/2 of the actual business we get but it still is a good indication of how much we really interact with the platform--or I should say how much business we are getting. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2024 at 5:51 PM, mandyzines said:

i absolutely adore you for pointing out the irony in their comments, thank you for taking the time of day to expose them

• Like 1

The same situation. I've been a seller on Fiverr since 2014. I have over 2000 orders. But now there has been absolute silence on my account for almost a month and a half or 2 months. Sometimes spam arrives. Sometimes a small order arrives. But if earlier I could receive 3-5 orders a day, now within a week I may not receive a single order at all. It seems that Fiverr has completely given up on attracting clients, and has focused exclusively on the design and implementation of new trendy features such as AI robots. They roll out updates faster than we can implement them. But these updates do not affect traffic in any way.

• Up 1