How many experienced Fiverr sellers are exclusively relying on Fiverr for their livelihood and living comfortably? Share your stories!

big_shazz

It's fascinating to learn about the experiences of seasoned Fiverr freelancers who have made a successful career solely on the platform. How many of you have transitioned to full-time freelancing on Fiverr and are enjoying a comfortable lifestyle? Feel free to share insights into your journey, including how long you've been freelancing on Fiverr and any tips you have for others aspiring to do the same. Let's celebrate the achievements of those who have found success and stability through their work on Fiverr!

• Like 4

i have already 4 years on the platform living and traveling mainly with fiverr, but i will not say that the only reason is fiverr, is like demoting and erasing my 30 years of experience. Fiverr is a good smart system (latelty taking really bad decisions like trying to be an AI manipulated platform). The high point here is that fiverr feels like having a personal manager so is very comfortable to use as main platform. It allows you to have more free time to learn new stuff,  to do your hobbies or like me, travel as a digital nomad and not worry with unnecesary fighting for a client (like the competition platforms).

Hopefully one day fiverr will realize that this is why it worked so good for so many people so many years, and will release the tools that could help us be better, because at the end they win when we become better and we get higher value projects, but for some weird reason they think is better to stop you (like putting the "contact me" button behind a pay wall for seller plus, is ridiculous, is like forcing clients to be bad buyers because the freelance didnt pay extra), so is a mixture of feelings, but gratefull and respectfull to them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Fiverr can be a great place to work and some do it full time. 

The problem is that your account can get banned at any time, so the smart thing to do is to always spread over multiple platforms, and also have your own website. I enjoy Fiverr myself and do a lot of work here, but realistically you have to understand that nothing is secure. Fiverr is great, and you will notice a lot of people made 6 or even 7 figures on the site. But don't expect this to be your only source of income. Because one or more people can leave you a bad private review and your account will tank for months. That means you won't even have money to pay bills, let alone buy food and so on. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I'm sure there are many...

But Fiverr is a bit to volatile in regards to long-term security.

While it's certainly possible to make it your one and only income stream, it's best to not put all your eggs in one basket.

There's too many posts/stories here in the forum with sellers having successful experiences only for EVERYTHING to be taken from them overnight. (even with a good public reputation)

It's better to just focus on it as an extension of your revenue stream.

Ideally, every business owner should shoot for complete autonomy from any such platform for multiple reasons—but definitely take advantage of the large customer pool while the opportunity is there.

Edited by easypr
  • Like 4