Can I take my Fiverr on the road?

andywarburton

Question

Say I was to buy a campervan and go travelling all around Europe using 5G as my data source. Will my account be ok or am I going to get hit with the Fiverr ban hammer for "location inconsistencies" ? Is there any way to formally let Fiverr know I'm roaming?

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, andywarburton said:

Is there any way to formally let Fiverr know I'm roaming?

Why don't you discuss this question with Fiverr Support? You know their AI can do anything and can detect "location inconsistencies". It would be better if you inform Fiverr Support about your travelling plan in case if you go outside the Europe.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, andywarburton said:

Is there any way to formally let Fiverr know I'm roaming?

Basically, if you just use your SIM card in the roaming mode, you will appear in your home country. 

For example, when I use my Turkish SIM in Thailand or Spain, my IP and all other information are Turkish (Google also sees me in Turkey). There may be exclusions, but it works like this in general.

In addition, those location inconsistencies are mostly caused by people using several accounts from one address or device both intentionally, or unintentionally.

For example, if you use someone's device, and this person has (or had) an account on Fiverr, there are high chances of getting punished. 

The same goes for public Wi-Fi networks and hotels with shared addresses, so I prefer to avoid them.  

One more thing, CS has already confirmed that just traveling and using different connections shouldn't be a reason to flag your account.

Edited by vovkaslovesnyy